2,000 Degree Stove - Craiglist

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
"Up for sale is a Vermont Castings "Sequoia Model" wood stove and complete set up. This stove has a catalytic converter in it which allows for a much more efficient and hot burn of fire wood. This means the gases are also burned which can take stove temperatures from 400 degrees to nearly 2000 degrees. This stoe has served us very well for many many years. Included with the stove is some interior black pipe and fittigs as well as roughly 20 feet of tri-wall insulated pipe. This also includes the speacial fire resistant boards set up for either a corner installation or straight wall (includes a corner base, 2 wall boards). "

Does sound pretty speacial. %-P

Yeah, most of the cats I have seen say to keep them between 1,200 and 1,500. So 2,000 would be punishing the cat chamber pretty good.

Todd said:
Did you buy it yet?

I have to admit that I always liked the look of that stove even if people did say it looks like a Porta-Potty. But as everybody knows cat stoves are too hard to operate and you have to replace that expensive cat every time you turn around.

cmonSTART said:
At 2000 degrees the stove will achieve lift off and be on its way to the moon.

Yep, maybe he meant to say it's spatial?

I'm not sure, check me out Mike, but I think steel and iron stop wanting to be steel and iron anymore somewhere around 2,300 degrees.

BrotherBart said:
I'm not sure, check me out Mike, but I think steel and iron stop wanting to be steel and iron anymore somewhere around 2,300 degrees.

without looking i'd say you are in the ball park. stove must be made from the same stuff the "terminator 2" was made of , melts down and pops right back into shape

edit; a quick search seems to turn up 2750F for melting point

Maybe it was used to heat a large factory....

BrotherBart said:
Todd said:
Did you buy it yet?

I have to admit that I always liked the look of that stove even if people did say it looks like a Porta-Potty. But as everybody knows cat stoves are too hard to operate and you have to replace that expensive cat every time you turn around.

Yeah, i'm going to have a hell of a time this year figuring out how to burn two cat stoves. ;-)

I 'achieved' 2300 degrees in the CAT chamber of my stove more than once. It's also a VC stove. Hmmm, notice a pattern?

Who cares about the stove? I'm more interested in those fire resistaint boards you can set up in a corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.