2 Great Oaks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mdfer

Dec 31, 2009
ne ohio
As many reported some high winds in the north midwest I got a tip the town over had a tornado of sorts...
The wife and I went to check it out, and in the process I wanted to show her one of the
oldest trees in Cuyahoga County, documented as standing in 1798 the year Cleveland was founded.
The White Oak was still there in all it's glory but we found some nice people blocked in there driveway
from another oak that fell. I offered to help for some wood and they gladly said cut us free and take
all you want. If I had the weekend off and help, I probably could have had enough wood for 4 seasons
with all the trees down in the area. Power crews were out 24/7...

Anyway Win Win for all of us...I'll take what I can get when I can get it...especially when it helps
good people out and is free...

Attachments

• Greatoak02.jpg
    Greatoak02.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 427
  • oak03.jpg
    oak03.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 418
  • oak02.jpg
    oak02.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 423
Great score and you helped others..kudos!!

That definitely was a winner for both parties. Way to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.