2 out of 3

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Looking to grab the dead tree without bark and the beech on the ground before the first big snowfall.

zap

Attachments

• 100_0481.jpg
    100_0481.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 362
  • 100_0482.jpg
    100_0482.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 365
  • 100_2776.jpg
    100_2776.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 373
Dang it zap, slow down. I need some cold weather to freeze the ground here. All clay and muddy lately. :(

Not sure we are getting big snow this year Zap. Or cold for that matter.

Great drainage in most of the areas (sand & rock) I'm changing plans so instead of grabbing the bigtooth aspen I did last weekend I'll grab the beech so it will still be good, we have a porcupine living in the stump of the tree.

zap

SolarAndWood said:
Not sure we are getting big snow this year Zap. Or cold for that matter.

Won't bother me, if I can get another 3-4 cord then I can start milling in the spring instead of cutting to replace what we burn this year.

Going without the snow hurts this area, last year this time we had over a foot of snow easy.

zap

Last year, I think we had 5 or 6 by now. No complaints here either. I've gotten more done outside in December than I did in September.

Same here, I worked the woods last winter but it was tough going. I said that you won't catch me in the woods in Feb., if the weather holds or we don't gey that much snow then I'll be cutting.

zap

This could be the winter that wasn't... It happens every so often. Nice here because unlike wishlist, we are on yellow sand. High and dry.

Just looking at the weather report it looks good through the end of December. Start gaining time per day on the 22 or 23 of Dec.

The push is on to get another three cord from the Woodlands, still have a clump of Cherry (about four trees) from some strong winds not far from the house, I'm guessing about 1.2 cord.

gibir :roll:

6 years ago I told my wife we should have gone for the older house with 20 acres instead of building the new one on 1.3 acres.......although, there ARE some monster oaks around the house (>>>DROOLING<<<<<)

Status
Not open for further replies.