20 Degrees outside...wind chill 3 degrees

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cheapheatnow

Nov 26, 2009
WMASS
"Best forum on the web". 74 degrees downstairs...63 upstairs. Loving it! Lot's of great info on this blog. Thanks to all. Your tips have kept the family warm! VC Montpelier insert. Free wood = Freedom...

Same thing here in Maine and I've got the Super 27 cranking in the basement keeping the first floor at 72. Nothing like a nasty blizzard to remind you how great it is to have free wood, a great stove and a great place to come to learn and share.

cheapheatnow said:
"Best forum on the web". 74 degrees downstairs...63 upstairs. Loving it! Lot's of great info on this blog. Thanks to all. Your tips have kept the family warm! VC Montpelier insert. Free wood = Freedom...

Shout it from the mountain !!!! Oh wait, we don't want everyone to know about the "free" wood, do we ???

We aren't quite that cold. 26 and wind chill of 12. Laying in bed with the laptop and it is 72 up here. A little too warm but what ya gonna do?

BrotherBart said:
We aren't quite that cold. 26 and wind chill of 12. Laying in bed with the laptop and it is 72 up here. A little too warm but what ya gonna do?

72 ? my daughter would be in heaven. I swear in the winter she is cold if the house is below 69. In the summer if it hits 74 she is sooooo hot. Chicks, hmphhh.

76 in the living room 72 else where.

20 outside wind chill 0. 13 inches of snow on ground.

Well, 20 degrees is not all that bad.....especially when it is nice and warm inside.

It was about 25 this morning. I had to add some wood at 5am but now it is 32 outside and 76 inside. Most the time, it keeps us about 78 - 80.

The Avalon is a monster. We haven't used the propane for the heat most this year (we still use the propane for hot water and cooking).

Robert

albertj03 said:
Same thing here in Maine and I've got the Super 27 cranking in the basement keeping the first floor at 72. Nothing like a nasty blizzard to remind you how great it is to have free wood, a great stove and a great place to come to learn and share.

Agreed 100% . . . the only problem is the knowledge that at some point I have to leave the comfort of the toasty warm house to go out again and plow the driveway a second time . . . or a third time even.

Agreed . . . Cheapheat . . . this is one of my favorite forums . . . which seems to amuse many of my friends who do not think heating with wood would be all that exciting to read about . . . welcome to the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.