2000 Posts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tfdchief

Minister of Fire
Nov 24, 2009
Tuscola, IL
myplace.frontier.com
No big deal when you look at some like Dennis and so many others with so many more posts, helping and supporting people they don't even know. But when I noticed I had posted 2000 times, and been on the forum since 2009, it occurred to me how much this place means to me. I had burned wood for for almost 40 years when I got on this forum, and thought I knew a lot. Wrong. This place has taught me a lot. I would like to think I have helped a few people with my knowledge as well. And then I just about killed myself in an accident and quite frankly was as low as I have ever been in my life, and this place lifted me up. Oh, I probably would have survived without it, because I am a tough old bastard, but there were so many people on this forum who helped me so much, beyond words, that I just have to say THANK YOU. What an incredible place this is. I have made so many friends.
Thanks hearth.com!
Thanks Craig!
Steve

Yeah, I am on this site all the darn time and I am not even close to BG, BroB, Dennis and a few others. I have always said it, and still believe it...this is one heck of a forum designed around nothing more than helping people. Gotta love it.

There is so much crap on the net, thank goodness for this site. It is informative, friendly and worth sitting down and reading/posting. Each member brings their own flavor of life which is very entertaining. There are some real dedicated folks here that have helped so many people. Me included. Thank you.

Great posts all. I've been here since 2007. When I joined I did not figure I'd be on here very long. Wrong! I got addicted because I stayed on long enough to see there was a definite need for some good information to those who are new to wood burning. I thought perhaps I could help a few folks. In the meantime, I've made many friends and perhaps even an enemy or two but I still enjoy helping people. 99% of the people who frequent hearth.com are great people! I am proud to be associated with them.

Yep Steve, it's all good. There's this one guy though, I think his name is Dennis.........just watch out. He's always fightin' with this other character named Jake. ;lol
I've been here a little over 4 years. Just hit 2500 myself.
The info I find here doesn't always pertain to me.....right now, but it may somewhere down the line. So, I read all kinds of posts that may help in the future.
I'm on here during Hulu commercials, trying to find the SOTW, or MOTW, or ROTW, or something about how someone is burning their new stove, or a new saw recently bought.
The camaraderie here is incomparable to any other site or group I've been involved with. Heck, even the ashcan is relatively civil......most of the time.

Reactions: tfdchief
A lot of great posters here for sure. Kept me from burning my house down, for sure. I was completely new to wood burning 8 years ago. Kinda wonder how I got though the first few until I found this forum. Noticed allot more Canadians on here of late. Thanks to everyone that contributes here and especially the long time / high post count people.

Reactions: firefighterjake
Every time I look at my post count I think I really should spend more time securing my wood supply.... :oops:

Should be a "Hall of Shame" for those of us whose post count is waaaay to high for their join date. ;) ;em

Hearth.com wouldn't exist without the vibrant membership we enjoy here. The old timers and the brand newbies, the daily regulars and the occasional visitors...you all bring something unique to the mix. It's certainly never boring. Craig created a wonderful thing when he dreamed up this "place". I'm proud to be a part of it, and I thank everyone who participates, particularly because the general tenor that pervades these forums is one of common courtesy and respect for the diversity of our membership. Rick

I thank everyone who participates, particularly because the general tenor that pervades these forums is one of common courtesy and respect for the diversity of our membership. Rick

Courtesy and respect...two very important words.
That is why I love this forum so much.

Courtesy and respect...two very important words.
That is why I love this forum so much.
Yea, what she said!!!

Hey Rick, before you accuse me of being "vibrant" you better talk to my wife.:eek:

Excellent post Chief.....This site has also been a wealth of info to me. Most everyone on here is respectful and curtious. We don't always agree on everything but at the end of the day just agree to disagree and move on to the next adventure. We can poke a little fun,share a little humor or vent a little frustration but most important help a brother out. (or sister). Thanks to all from this appreciative member.

And helped you have Chief. Congrats on teh 2000 posts, please continue to enlighten us with your knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.