2011-12 Green Team .... are they as good as they have been 2008-2010?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my bad....the 219.00 i paid was for Green Team and not the Platium

Are Green team the same as Green Supreme from Lowes? My local Lowes has Green Supreme, any comment on this brand for 219.00 a ton.

mepellet said:
subsailor said:
I'm burning MWP's from SIB right now. For $219 delivered, you can't go wrong. I have another ton coming March 3. I hear the guy will deliver statewide for the same price, and Maine's a pretty big place.

I am probably going to buy from him next. I might make it through this year with what I've got though and Id feel bad making him deliver one ton at that price. I may wait to buy a few tons from him in the summer for next year.
I have bought just one ton from him. He didn't seem to mind at all. Then when I found out that these pellets were way better than what I had used in the past, I called him up again and got more. I give him a good tip for his efforts. You know anyone who puts them neatly away in my garage has gone way beyond what most would do. SIB is good company to deal with.
I still want to try some other pellets, I'm just having a tough time coughing up the extra $ for pellets that may not perform any better.

Dodge said:
Are Green team the same as Green Supreme from Lowes? My local Lowes has Green Supreme, any comment on this brand for 219.00 a ton.

No they are different! Greene Team is more of a hardwood and burn a bit cleaner. Supreme are lighter colored and seem like a softer wood. They are ok but burn a bit more ashy. Still they are ok either brand but I would go with the Team.

Status
Not open for further replies.