2011/2012 pellet prices.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buildingmaint

Feeling the Heat
Jan 19, 2007
Oil City PA
Talked to my pellet guy today [Oil City Agway] and he said pellets were $ 220.00 a ton
and are going down in April , but not much . Said it was due to increased production costs
and fuel prices for delivery. He didn't know what the price will be in April.

buildingmaint said:
Talked to my pellet guy today [Oil City Agway] and he said pellets were $ 220.00 a ton
and are going down in April , but not much . Said it was due to increased production costs

Agway (re-bagged) brand, or something else?

I know the cost to truck pellets and coal into our shop has gone up a little. Freight makes up about 20-30 bucks per ton of fuel.

imacman said:
buildingmaint said:

Agway (re-bagged) brand, or something else?

Agway rebagged, they used to be Hammers , but who knows, my first 150 bags [ purchased in April of 10] were fine on heat , but lots of clinkers. My last 16 bags [ purchased in 2011] have been clinker free.

Hello

Lowe's here in Southern NH just Jacked their price of Maine's Choice this week!!! Last week they were $4.68 per bag
They are not even selling much now??

Attachments

• WPMainesChoiceNewPrice03262011sc.jpg
    WPMainesChoiceNewPrice03262011sc.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 857
If you are willing to drive a little call me.

Eric

Normal supply and demand will dictate also... where I live there is a small town that has 5-7 places selling pellets..it gets brutal with the competition..

With the exception of the box stores jacking up there prices, Seems the spring buy prices a similar to last seasons. Some(because of fiber shortages) haven't passed along any spring deals. Should be interesting come fall, I have heard some fiber shortages may effect things down the road. I just coundn't take the chance so I stocked up now and will continue to replentish as I use up my supply.

Word is don't wait if at all possible. Prices are projected to rise come late summer. Hard to predict what the box stores do though. Another price war between HD and Lowes could keep them low? But expect them to start higher priced at first. Compation is a good thing and could rival prices down some. I love trying to figure out this pellet game. :)

kinsman stoves said:
If you are willing to drive a little call me.

Eric

I'll assume he will sell his at $200-205 a ton this spring, last year they were $190. He is only a mile from my house, and he keeps them in a building. I could go to Plesentville or Titusville and save $ 15-20.00 a ton but the Plesentville place keeps theirs outside. And what happens if they are junk ? Have to drive them back. Both of your places are 60-65 miles from my house, and I can only hall 2500 lbs in the F250 . So its 120 miles x 2= 240 miles devided by 11 miles to the gallon=22 gallons x 3.50 a gallon =$77.00 in gas. So any saving would be ate up in gas and time. So unless your selling yours for $100.00 a ton LOL LOL LOL , you'll be out of buisness.Then where would we go for parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.