2011-2012 Winter Prediction from the Weather Channel

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LIpelletpig

Feeling the Heat
Jun 26, 2008
Long Island, NY
I honestly don't think much of long range forecasts or weather predictions. But after last winter here in the Northeast I will be prepared for a long and cold winter. Here we go!

Attachments

• winter.jpg
    winter.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 502
Thats too funny, usually they cant even predict the next days weather and now they can look ahead 6 months ???? Oh, wait, they forecast snow, cold AND wind for my area.....my, that must be winter indeed LOL

Is that the area they forecasted as rain and mild and dry ????

I like reading NC and WV have snow already, haven't had a frost yet.

had one here last night....29 degrees....
no snow yet though..lol

The way that is written, they could put it up virtually unchanged every year.

pen

slls said:
I like reading NC and WV have snow already, haven't had a frost yet.

35 here this morning, frost on the truck when I left for work at 5:30, s'posed to be colder tonight. That's OK, gonna be Harley weather all weekend.

37ºF here this morning! A chilly 67ºF in the house. Call me stubborn, But the stove is still off and plan on it being off until mid October! Looks like tonight will be a tad cooler, Hopping once we get thru this it will be a smidge warmer for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.