$205.00 a ton Agway Hammers Hot ones.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buildingmaint

Feeling the Heat
Jan 19, 2007
Oil City PA
150- 40 lbs bags, for a total of 6000 lbs , loaded into my basement by hand , by myself. It was humid and I think I lost 30 lbs of water weight lol. Bring on winter.

Thanks ,they were $195.00 last week , but I was busy and it was WAYYYYYY to hot to unload by hand. I'm pretty sore and my back is killing me lol.

Great price!, went on a "pellet cruise" today with my broinlaw and we stopped at a agway in westfield mass, lowest price they has was $249 for instantheat's, they had a large selection, Dragon Mt, Okies, LG's and more but were $279 range...no thanks!!!

Was this the Oil City Agway? Are they Agway branded, or Hammer branded? If Agway branded, do you know if they are exactly the same as Hammer "hot ones"?

Still $186 (plus tax) in Brookfield, Ohio 44403

kinsman stoves said:

We don't pay tax on pellets in PA, so the price is very comparable $205 versus $198. I think the Hamer pellets are also a little better than the Pro Pellets you carry, and Oil city is a little closer to me than Brookfield. Not much closer though. If it was $186 tax free, I'd certainly be buying from you.

Noticed local Home Cheapo has Freedom Fuel for $209 ton.
From what I have read on this site I think I will skip 'em.

They are Agway labled bags , but the owner of the store and they come from Hammers factory and said that Hammer makes them. I tend to believe him as one time I got two tons of Hammer baged , and one of Agway bagged. I if theere is a differance , I have never seen or felt less heat from one to the other. Who ever makes them , they work well in my stove , and I have never had any problems with them . And I'm happy.

They also store their pellets inside . Most other local pellet dealers store theirs outside. So you never really know what your getting from them until you unload and stack them . I;d be pissed if I got a crap ton and had to take it back.Even if they were $20.00 cheaper a ton.

blaster668 said:
kinsman stoves said:

We don't pay tax on pellets in PA, so the price is very comparable $205 versus $198. I think the Hamer pellets are also a little better than the Pro Pellets you carry, and Oil city is a little closer to me than Brookfield. Not much closer though. If it was $186 tax free, I'd certainly be buying from you.

Thanks
Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.