22 ton splitter video

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno77

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2008
Hamilton, IL
Danno77 said:
Two questions.

1. I don't know what this guy's problem is. He should split horizontally, right?
2. Why do some people insist on using a milk crate when you can obviously just use a sixth of your first round.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06IsqEfKsoU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

My Man was having some real issues. I have never had such problems. Just keep splitting. When youn throw a couple splits that are still a little "Stuck". They break apart when they hit your stack. IMO

I'm not going to pretend that I understand your milk jug question, but as to splitting horizontally, I don't think you'd catch ME trying to lift a big starter piece like that, up on to a splitter!

-Soupy1957
I

That guy is going about it the hard way. I wood half that round then slab off the edge and move it 5-6 inches and continue. Lots of wasted movement there but maybe hes a new splitter owner and hasn't figured it out yet.

XactLEE said:
That guy is going about it the hard way. I wood half that round then slab off the edge and move it 5-6 inches and continue. Lots of wasted movement there but maybe hes a new splitter owner and hasn't figured it out yet.

+1

That had to be his very first time for splitting wood! Talk about making a job difficult! A good man could do that much faster with about half the effort.

Y'all are being harsh. I was just being sarcastic. Can't imagine anyone trying to split that horizontal, and I don't think he was trying to be efficient, just trying to show what his new splitter can do.

Nothing about efficiency there Danno. Just watching the man you can see he does not know how to work. Some folks are just that way.

Hurts my back just watching the guy.So much wasted motion.Split 'em in half,then repeat.It's not rocket science.

Come on Dennis make a video and show us how it's done. Rule #1 the butt never leaves the mike create.

Tom

xman23 said:
Come on Dennis make a video and show us how it's done. Rule #1 the butt never leaves the mike create.

Tom
Definitely wanna see that video. C'mon, Dennis!

That was funny. He would love our 60" rounds. Way too much wasted effort there. And I don't sit off to the side of the splitter either. Makes my back ache looking at this.

Status
Not open for further replies.