25-PDV keeps turning off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

krushmoto

Jan 31, 2017
Allentown, PA
Have the 25-PDV which keeps turning itself off. Until late last year the stove ran great. Ever since then I have to run the stove on 9 in order to keep it at a decent temp. With the heat on 9 & blower on 4-5 the top deck of the stove doesn't get higher than 145. Last year on 4-4 the top deck averaged 200°.
I'm running the same brand of pellets but just in case I tried switching to 3 different brands & the other pellets did worse (120° on 9-1).
Lately after the initial startup I'll walk away & come back 30 min-1hr & the stove is in shut down mode but the pot is full of pellets. I've noticed the stove will stop feeding pellets & the embers burn out then the stove starts feeding the pellets again but there are no embers to continue the burn so it goes into shutdown mode. I'm thinking it might be a board problem.
Is there anyway I can test the board?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

have you done a complete and through cleaning including all exhaust components. another thing to check very closely are the vacume switch line lines . they like to crack causes strange problems as well as the switch itself.

have you done a complete and through cleaning including all exhaust components. another thing to check very closely are the vacume switch line lines . they like to crack causes strange problems as well as the switch itself.
Yes, did it yesterday since the trial bags created a lot of ash & soot. Included the pipes and blower motors.
As for the vacuum line 1 had a crack last year but I'll check that out tonight.
Thx for the assist & Happy Thanksgiving!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Another thing just to rule out is mode. Also check the plate in the bottom of the hopper. Maybe this years pellets are bigger and bridging the auger hole and temporarily stopping the feed of pellets. That would let you flame go out and go into shut down.