25-PDV "On" not responding

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Cusejuice

Dec 31, 2020
CNY
Hi - new to forum and my first post. I recently acquired a 25-PDV from my father and when I plug in the system, the control board lights up with the last settings but doesn't respond to any inputs, not On or any changes to the heat or blower inputs. I checked the fuse and there is continuity.

Any ideas?

Factory reset: unplug stove wait 5 sec. plug back in and within 3 sec push all 3 bottom buttons an hold for 5 sec release and F5 will show in window. this just put the setting back to factory. botom 3 should be 5-4-1 and the mode for stove. 25PDVC mode D / 25PDV mode C.

Mode change: unplug stove wait 5 sec. plug back in hold blower speed up and down arrows down for 5 sec then release. the mode the stove is in will be displayed in the heat range window A,B,C,D. to change press heat range up or down to desired mode. A,B are for different stoves so they should not be used. 25PDV is mode C, 25PDVC is mode D

Thanks. I got my hands on a spare control board and the unit fired appropriately, however now the combustion fan never turns off and the top auger quit feeding! I'll be spending my weekend with an ohm meter...

Unless you mean when you shut the stove off, the combustion motor never should turn off. Even after you shut the stove down, it will still run until the temperature limit switch is satisfied.

Eric

Unless you mean when you shut the stove off, the combustion motor never should turn off. Even after you shut the stove down, it will still run until the temperature limit switch is satisfied.

Eric
This was more than 12hrs after shutdown as though the switch was stuck. I may bypass and put a manual timer in there if I can't figure it out.

Triac has failed, closed/shorted only fix is change it

I will caution you that if you try this, be VERY careful as these boards are surface mount components and you can damage the traces very easily.

Eric

Reactions: Ssyko