25 pvdc blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hyip1206

Jan 28, 2008
Meredith NH
In the manual it says blower speed should match heat setting. Is it bad for the stove to run a higher blower speed but lower temp setting? It seems like I get good heat at 3 but I think it would be more econimical to set the blower higher to get the good heat to blow at a higher rate. More bang for the buck

From my (very) limited experience I would agree. Right now I have it at 1-4. The heat blowing out is good and hot and my stove thermometer, in the upper front 'corner', is at about 450 degrees. I'm sure that at some point the difference between the 2 numbers can get too far apart and become less efficient but the 1-4 still feels okay.

I usually run mine at 7 and 9. Have always run it that way. Cant think of why I shouldn't. the 9 is the speed of the convection blower. If it is too low you could get an over heat problem. If it is too high it is louder than it needs to be. I have mine on a thermostat and when the thermostat doesn't call for heat the stove heat defaults to 1 and the convection blower stays at what ever you have it set on. In my case 9.

I always run my room blower at least equal to the heat setting (Like Packerfan Dan says), but usually run it higher, just to get more circulation, faster.

just to make it official;

YES you can run the room air speed higher than the heat range , but you CANNOT run it lower than the heat range or the unit will overtemp , hit the high limit and shut down. i routinely run my blower speed much higher than the heat range , the 25-pdvc has a tremendous heat transfer rate and you literally could max the blower speed at heat range 5 and see little dropoff of temp coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.