25 PVDC Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwyoung2007

Jan 2, 2011
Urbanette, AR
I just got mine installed and up and burning. Loving the pellet heat. One question it is a 2002 model very little use. The exhaust motor has quite the loud whine to it. I understand that there will be noise but this seems to be a bit excessive. I guess my question really is how loud should I expect it to be?

my 2007 model is fairly quiet. I would try cleaning it out, and see if it is possible to lube the bearings. Other's on here may want to chime in. I just got my stove in december, and have yet to have it apart. But seeing that it is a 2002 model, it may need a good cleaning. Did you buy the stove used, or new ?

I got it for next to nothing free if you factor in the cost of the pellets that came with it. Took out the fan and oiled all the bearings and it is better but still very loud whine. I am going to replace it. Anyone have a suggestion as to the quitest motor on the market?

jwyoung2007 said:
I got it for next to nothing free if you factor in the cost of the pellets that came with it. Took out the fan and oiled all the bearings and it is better but still very loud whine. I am going to replace it. Anyone have a suggestion as to the quitest motor on the market?

Does the motor you have in it now have ball bearings or sleeve bearings?

The exhaust blower on my 10-cpm (2008 model) are ball bearing, and you can't even hear the thing run....it's almost silent (95% of the noise from the stove is from the convection blower).

If it really is in need of replacement, try searching with the part numbers off the blower unit here....pretty good prices. If yours is sleeve bearings, you might be able to get a replacement that has the ball bearings.

www.cshincorporated.com/index.php/cPath/110

They appear to be a sleeve type. I will check that out right now. Oh and by the way how many tons to i need to put into shed to be considered for pellet pig membership? No where near it right now but will soon be working towards it.

jwyoung2007 said:
......Oh and by the way how many tons to i need to put into shed to be considered for pellet pig membership? No where near it right now but will soon be working towards it.

3 tons bought using a pick-up truck and hand unloaded will get you into the door..... when you get to 4 or more, we don't care HOW you deliver/unload....that's a lot of pellets! ;-)

OH, and don't forget to forward the $50 yearly beer mon....er, I mean DUES to me ASAP. :cheese: Otherwise, I get reprimanded by the Vice Pres Eric at Kinsman Stoves..... :roll:

imacman said:
jwyoung2007 said:
......Oh and by the way how many tons to i need to put into shed to be considered for pellet pig membership? No where near it right now but will soon be working towards it.

3 tons bought using a pick-up truck and hand unloaded will get you into the door..... when you get to 4 or more, we don't care HOW you deliver/unload....that's a lot of pellets! ;-)

OH, and don't forget to forward the $50 yearly beer mon....er, I mean DUES to me ASAP. :cheese: Otherwise, I get reprimanded by the Vice Pres Eric at Kinsman Stoves..... :roll:

Those pellets must be on hand before first frost.

SmokeyTheBear said:
Those pellets must be on hand before first frost.

Yep, forgot that part, but I think we need to make exceptions to "newbies" who buy the stove in the middle of the winter. WHY they would wait until now is beyond me :gulp: , but I guess that's a topic of discussion for another thread.... :)

Well we have the first frost of the year, then first frost of January, ... first frost of December. We likely could squeeze a newbie in there somewhere.

Islamic pellet stove users sure wouldn`t want to be referred to as a pellet pig. They don`t want anything to do with pork.

To answer a couple of questions. I purchased it now because there is no way I would have gotten a better deal. Plan was to wait until spring and try to find a closeout sale somewhere. I will get the pellets into the shed before the first frost. As long as I get the shed expanded before then. As for the whole the pellet pig, when I am from we lean more towards the Hogs than just pigs. Woo Pig Soooie

Gio said:
Islamic pellet stove users sure wouldn`t want to be referred to as a pellet pig. They don`t want anything to do with pork.

I don't care who you are...That's funny right there!

Status
Not open for further replies.