25-pvdc what to expect?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dhungy

Feeling the Heat
Jan 7, 2010
Fingerlakes
I am going to be installing my used Englander that I got off of craigslist las spring. When I went to look at the stove it was running and I was surprised at the lack of convection air flow and how quiet it was. It was on high, yet compared to my astoria you could hardly tell. I am not sure if that is normal or not. What can I expect from this stove? Im sure it is very different from my astoria.

Well, that does not sound much like my 25. On high fan my stove sounds kinda like a hair dryer and pushes tons of air. I don't usually need to put the blower on anything past 5 so it really is not an issue for me.

Is it possible that the P.O. installed a different blower unit in there? I'd take the cover off the back and look for some #'s and give Englander a call, they are a GREAT co. to deal with and are VERY eager to make sure thier customers are happy. -or- maybe Mike will chime in to this post w/some helpful info.

As I said compared to my astoria it didn't sound as loud.

heat output and everything compared to my astoria

whats the MFG date?, also , if the blower has been loading with "dust bunnies" from the PO it may simply need cleaned, the blower on the pdvc is a 4C442 blower , a fairly common squirrel cage type blower (140CFM input)
reason i asked about the mfg date is the 2004 and new year models have a diagnostic mode which would allow you to remote test the room air blower without running the rest of the stove. here is the procedure to test this blower

remember it must be a 2004 or newer (auto-ignite) older models do not have this feature

1. unplug the stove and plug the stove back in. quickly (within 5 seconds) press the "low fuel feed" AND the "air on temp" buttons together (two fingers)
you will see a dash appear in the "blower speed" LED readout, and nothing in the "heat range" LED readout.

2. press the "blower speed" down arrow one time. the room fan should come on running wide open.

here is a link to our website which will give step by step instructions for the entire diagnostic test sequence

http://www.englanderstoves.com/help/PelletStove/diagnostic_mode04.html

if you are unable to resolve this issue or have quetions , please feel free to contact my customer support shop at 800-245-6489 8-5 eastern mon-fri. or just drop me an email or a PM here on the hearth

Status
Not open for further replies.