25pdvc Combustion Blower whine

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mike56

Aug 13, 2010
broad brook,ct
My combustion blower has started to have a high pitch whine when starting up however it does go away after the stove heats up, I'm thinking it is giving me an early warning bearing failure. What do you good people think? It looks like it has a sealed bearing so oiling it does not seem to be an option.

Same model here, it does that on and off during startup for the last 2 seasons. seems ok, i blow the motor clean twice a season with compressed air (the actual motor not the fan blades). I burn through
at least 5 tons per year so you might have some time. i dont see a place to oil these either. you could always order a new one and keep it in the garage, you know you'll need it someday.

i love the pdvc. havent had to replace a single part yet. got it in '06 and run 5 tons/yr since then. (i dont count gaskets and rope which are routine maintenance)

Status
Not open for further replies.