25pdvc non ignitor airwash

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smoke show

2001 model. Does it have an airwash?

If so where?

Its not 2 holes under the front ash apron lip.

Are you saying it "has" the 2 holes? Or it "doesn't" have the 2 holes?

My 16 yr old Englander has those 2 holes for the air wash.

It does not or I'm retarded and can't see them.

I'm wondering cause I'm having a helluva time getting it to burn decent on 1 and 2.

Seems like too much air.

Like to much air in the airwash (taking away from pellets) and getting a sooty burn?

Or to much air coming through the pot and causing pellets to burn to quick and little heat?

Is there a gap across the top inside of stove? Are you looking to plug the airwash a little?

I did find the airwash holes.

I was looking under the ash apron lip, but it is under the cabinet where it meets the pedestal.

Anyways I picked up some damaged bag hardward pellets from the local farm store and its burns noticeably better.

The flame is much more consistant and it burns good on 1 and 2 at the default settings.

I guess I should have listened to the manufacturer when the said the stove is designed for premium hardwood pellets. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.