25pdvc

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
It could, most stoves set to a low burn will be dirtyer than at higher settings.

Reactions: SidecarFlip
Lower PPH input, the less complete combustion is so the more soot you get. Said before the 'airwash' is just that a 'wash'. Just clean it. I use a soft bristle brush (natural bristle not synthetic bristle) on mine daily. Synthetic bristle (plastic) will melt. Natural won't. I just open the door, brush off the glass, close the door and keep on keeping on. The close proximity of the view glass to the burn pot will always deposit soot and ash on the glass. They all do it to some extent, some more than others. Airwash is totally advertising hype.