2nd Beech Down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Looks like I'll get some wood from this beech blow down, not sure how far up it's hollow but my guess is the wood gets better after the moss ends.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_2792.jpg
    100_2792.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 238
  • 100_2793.jpg
    100_2793.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 227
  • 100_2794.jpg
    100_2794.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 231
  • 100_2795.jpg
    100_2795.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 241
  • 100_2796.jpg
    100_2796.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 223
Loading up on the beech!

That should still be some great firewood.

HittinSteel said:
Backwoods Savage said:

yep and the trunk end is already split!

Hittin, I wonder if any animal was on the inside and took the ride down.

Zap

zapny said:
Hittin said:
Backwoods Savage said:

yep and the trunk end is already split!

Hittin, I wonder if any animal was on the inside and took the ride down.

I have had squirrl take the ride before...lol

Zap

Never know!

2 years ago I felled the remainder of a hollowed white oak. Once it was on the ground I started bucking at the top and working towards the base. I stopped for a minute because the tree had split so bad and decided to move it a little with a spud bar. The tree "opened up" along the cracks while I was rolling it and a mass of fur started moving. I let out a girly scream and ran backwards thinking the only thing that size could be a bear! My brother hearing my screams turned around to run and tripped over my chainsaw case. Turned out to be 4 racoons balled together......they waddled off one by one looking pretty disoriented. Had to change my shorts after that one LOL.

Reactions: Pallet Pete
Status
Not open for further replies.