2nd Load of Cherry

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
After getting stuck with the first load I decided to unhook at the gate coming out then run the trail to the road then back in, worked perfect. Went back then hooked back up and made my way home.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_2586.jpg
    100_2586.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 554
  • 100_2592.jpg
    100_2592.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 556
  • 100_2597.jpg
    100_2597.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 565
Looks like as soon as you get those chains, you need to rig up a drag. After pulling my 2 wheel cart through the snow, I always take the time to shovel a path. You can really feel how much more work it is when you are the one supplying the power.

wood spliter said:
Looks like you have a foot plus of snow. I love the snow but hate working in it!

If it was way off the trail then it would of been a PITA, close to the trail I can deal with it. Once the snow is gone I have six cherry that are down that I need to take care of.

Zap

SolarAndWood said:
Looks like as soon as you get those chains, you need to rig up a drag. After pulling my 2 wheel cart through the snow, I always take the time to shovel a path. You can really feel how much more work it is when you are the one supplying the power.

Chains are in so I'll pick them up this afternoon and maybe put them on tonight.

Zap

Zap, I'd like to be out moving some snow off our lanes. Looks like I'll just have to enjoy the pictures that you post.

Backwoods Savage said:
Zap, I'd like to be out moving some snow off our lanes. Looks like I'll just have to enjoy the pictures that you post.

Sav, listen to the boss and you will be back out but if you screw it up then it makes it even a longer rehab. Picking up chains for the front tires this afternoon so I can continue to work in the woods and drive everyone nuts with the pics.

I had a shoulder surgery about eight years ago and did what I was told so it came out fine, if I would've pushed it then the shoulder operation might have failed. Listen to Mrs. Sav.

Zap

PapaDave said:
zap, you're not driving me nuts with the pics. Love 'em. Keep 'em coming!

I'll keep them coming PapaDave. It will be interesting to see how much more traction I'll have with the chains on the front tires, guess I'll find out Saturday.

Zap

That will be interesting. I've thought of putting them on the front of the garden tractor, but I only need 'em when I get into the deep stuff. I try to plow BEFORE it turns into the deep stuff.

Good stuff Zap. It's good to look at your posts and pics. Takes me away for a minute, makes me think of cutting wood instead of being on roofs shoveling.........

FireAnt said:
Good stuff Zap. It's good to look at your posts and pics. Takes me away for a minute, makes me think of cutting wood instead of being on roofs shoveling.........

All this snow looks nice but it gets old after a while, your area is getting hammered with the ice also so hang in there the chit has to end sometime.

Zap / Ready for spring

zapny said:
FireAnt said:

All this snow looks nice but it gets old after a while, your area is getting hammered with the ice also so hang in there the chit has to end sometime.

Zap / Ready for spring

Couple layers of ice, couple layers of snow. I have 3ft on my back roof. I just got back from shoveling off the back side of my parents house. Water coming in every room in the back. He had 10 inches of ice on the gutters. I did the front side of my house yesterday. I had water through my bow window. End of my driveway is up to my eyes, I'm 6'4... This winter is unreal!

That sucks! We have another 10 inches forecast for the next three days so it looks like I'll get the roof rake out.

Zap

Hopefully you just get snow Zap, we have a real mess developing here.

SolarAndWood said:
Hopefully you just get snow Zap, we have a real mess developing here.

They said snow starting at four but that hasn't happened yet, what are you suppose to get.

Zap

Well, its 25 and has been driving rain for over an hour and a half. Supposed to change over to snow at some point.

SolarAndWood said:
Well, its 25 and has been driving rain for over an hour and a half. Supposed to change over to snow at some point.

Snow finally started about ten minutes ago, coming down real good.

Zap

FireAnt said:

You jinx us, a foot of snow overnight! :mad:

Zap

Status
Not open for further replies.