3 inch to 4 inch necessary?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rideboard147

Feb 2, 2011
Weatherford Texas (DFW)
I am about to finish off my pellet stove pipe project by extending it more vertical to go through the roof overhang. My question is should I switch over to 4 inch pipe once I go vertical from the cleanout tee? I will have 10 feet vertical, 1 ft horizontal, 1 (45), and 1 tee. That is 14 total equivalent ft once finished. According to my venting pipe graph on my quadra fire manual I can use 3in, but I have seen that you should not use 3in for more then a 10 ft run. I live at just barley over 1000 ft above sea level. Thanks for the help.

The cut-off for the switch to 4" pipe is actually an EVL of 15 or more.....you should be fine with 3", based on the pipe you listed.

imacman said:
The cut-off for the switch to 4" pipe is actually an EVL of 15 or more.....you should be fine with 3" based on the pipe you listed.

Agreed ^^ 15' EVL is fine for Quad's.

Status
Not open for further replies.