3 months to first burn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salty

Minister of Fire
LOL:)

At this point I would rather be burnin than sweatin in this humid weather. I love Fall.

i'm thinking maybe more like two months up here.
late september early october.

i can hardly wait.
summer is overrated imo.

Don't remind me ;hm
I`ll burn the stove off and on in mid to late October if it`s cold . I no longer try to stretch my supply. I try to only use oil for DHW.

We don't go by the calendar. If the house starts to cool down, the stove is started. We have always had a few fires in September. Our stove is in our family room. Like to sit by the stove and have some restful moments.

I was at my buddies camp Tuesday nite and they were running the pellet stove.....was in the 50s there for a nite or 2.

I've burned in august already. Oh are we talking pellet fires?

Its not even August yet! Still smoking the funny chit, ey? :eek:

IMHO we had an early spring and summer. So I suppose everything will be aerly this season. Probably be burning(not smoking ==c ) by mid september.

Reactions: DexterDay
Can't wait to plug it in.

Yea, since I got my new Harman, I am actually pushing the season's too. I really do hate the hot humid weather we are having here.

Summer is short enough here, I try to enjoy it as much as possible. Coldest July on record in close to 100 years.

We don't go by the calendar. If the house starts to cool down, the stove is started. We have always had a few fires in September. Our stove is in our family room. Like to sit by the stove and have some restful moments.
This'll be our 2nd year burning and I can't wait. Got all the bugs worked out last year.
I'm hoping for a month of -15 to really try the old tove out.

First burn for me was today..
Had to make sure the new ignitor I just put in works as I only have a 30 day guarantee on it:cool:

Reactions: save$
Well I can see your point tink.

But still I don't want to think about heating up the house at this time of year if I can avoid it.

Well I can see your point tink.

But still I don't want to think about heating up the house at this time of year if I can avoid it.

Oh I hear ya Smokey. As soon as the stove cooled back down, the vent pipe was closed back up and
stove unplugged for rest of the season..;)

in no hurry to fire her up.

Status
Not open for further replies.