3 tons to be delivered Monday

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickyrick

Feeling the Heat
Oct 23, 2009
Western MA/ Eastern NY
At 197 a ton for summersets how can you not get 3 tons. total was $605 with delivery.

Not a pig yet because I just do not have the room for it.

where did you purchase summersets at that price?

Lowes has 15 more tons here in Hudson NY.

They had 30 last weekend and they are starting to go.

Somersets are one of(if not) the Best you'll find at the box stores IMHO. Sounds like a good deal!

Have you burned them before?

Last year after I burned through my 2 tons of Harwood heats I grabbed 10 bags and the were very good But at that tome Lowes wanted $5.49 a bag here.

I have had a pellet stove for the last 13 years. I have burned good and bad pellets over the years. Last year was the first time that I have ever burns Somerset. I got 8 tons and split with a friend. 4 for me and 4 for him. I burned all of the leftovers from 2009-2010 then started to burn the Somerset’s. They burned so good an smelled ok so I orders 8 more tons early in 2011. I currently have 380 left from last year. With the new stove that was put in Dec 2010 I burn 2 bags a day in the very cold part of the winter (2000 SF raised ranch from 1967). By doing this I do not use oil to heat the house. Oil is only for the Hot water. I have just ordered a bunch of Somerset pellets for 2012-2013 heating season. 187 a ton delivered. Yes Big Pellet Pig.

Love the Somerset pellets....

Status
Not open for further replies.