3 year old floor model enviro omega at dealer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jjc1800

Jan 10, 2011
Lithonia Ga
a local dealer has a new 08 enviro omega floor model, never hooked up and he trying to sell it for close to the 2010 model price, like only 300 bucks off . i would think that after almost 3 years of it sitting on his floor that he would be trying to sell it for a big discount just to get rid of it. is this guy being greedy or do these stoves hold there value that well?

jjc1800 said:
a local dealer has a new 08 enviro omega floor model and he trying to sell it for close to the 2010 model price. i would think that after almost 3 years of it sitting on his floor that he would be trying to sell it for a big discount just to get rid of it. is this guy crazy or do these stoves hold there value that well?
Sometimes dealers can get greedy and not see the big picture.

Make him an offer! How much would you lose if you were selling it?

jjc1800 said:
a local dealer has a new 08 enviro omega floor model and he trying to sell it for close to the 2010 model price. i would think that after almost 3 years of it sitting on his floor that he would be trying to sell it for a big discount just to get rid of it. is this guy crazy or do these stoves hold there value that well?

Was it a pure "show" model, or was it hooked-up and burning?

IMO, trying to get 2010 price for a 3 yr. old stove is just plain greedy.

imacman said:
jjc1800 said:

I didn't know you had a stove store Mac.....

krooser said:
imacman said:
jjc1800 said:

LOL...yes, and my present stock is 1 used 10-cpm....and I want to sell it for 2015 new prices!!

imacman said:
krooser said:
imacman said:
jjc1800 said:

LOL...yes, and my present stock is 1 used 10-cpm....and I want to sell it for 2015 new prices!!

I'm willing to bet that your not going to answer your phone when the person that bought it needs it fixed too huh...lol

they made to many to sell in 08 because the economy crashed and didn't know it was coming. Harman had 30 million in a warehouse when they where brought by HHT. Nothing has changed from 2008 to now in the stove enviro has and it will come with a full warranty.

i understand that it will have a warranty, but at the end of the day it is still 3 years old. you wouldnt pay close to sticker price for a new car that has been sitting on a car lot for 3 years would you. well i hope you wouldnt.

jjc1800 said:
i understand that it will have a warranty, but at the end of the day it is still 3 years old. you wouldnt pay close to sticker price for a new car that has been sitting on a car lot for 3 years would you. well i hope you wouldnt.

You know it is funny a very good item can actually increase in value, I haven't seen many cars do that.

If the unit wasn't fired it not only is a great stove but considering inflation it might also be a great value despite what you may think.

I have an item that is 35 years old, has been used a lot and still commands more money (by several times) than it did when purchased NIB.

Whatever the case may be the dealer is the one who will take it on the chin if it doesn't sell.

Start looking for a used one on Craigslist or other classifieds. They are much cheaper and usually the person getting rid of it thinks it doesn't work right because they have never really given it a thorough cleaning.

Turbo-Quad said:
Start looking for a used one on Craigslist or other classifieds. They are much cheaper and usually the person getting rid of it thinks it doesn't work right because they have never really given it a thorough cleaning.

A few days I used one of the Craigslist search systems and did exactly that, didn't get a single hit on the Omega.

I could find a lot of other ones but not that one.

(to smokey the bear) so you must be one of the few people that will pay todays prices for a 3 year old car. lol

jjc1800 said:
(to smokey the bear) so you must be one of the few people that will pay todays prices for a 3 year old car. lol

Nope there isn't a car on the market (old or new) that is worth half what any of the dealers want.

Also, a car depreciates based on age. There is a "model year" and almost every model year has changes. It is foolish to compare a car purchase to a stove purchase so long as there has been no changes in production to the stove. A better comparison would be to buying box end craftsman wrenches. I don't care if that wrench has sat on the shelf for 10 years. Heck, it might even be better to get an older one.

A more important question would be the condition of the three year old stove. New in box, or showing signs of age from setting out on the floor and being futzed with by every potential buyer that walked in the store.

I would buy a 3 year old appliance never used refrig, range, dish washer, dryer, ect. and built in 08 it could be only two years and two months old if it bothers you that much buy a new one and don't complain about the price.

well u know i just might do that because another local dealer said that he would sell me a 2010 model harman p68 inthe box for the same price as the 3 year old omega

maglite67 said:
I would buy a 3 year old appliance never used refrig, range, dish washer, dryer, ect. and built in 08 it could be only two years and two months old if it bothers you that much buy a new one and don't complain about the price.

Really, my boat is an 05, I picked it up from the factory in May 04 !

Highbeam said:
Also, a car depreciates based on age. There is a "model year" and almost every model year has changes. It is foolish to compare a car purchase to a stove purchase so long as there has been no changes in production to the stove. A better comparison would be to buying box end craftsman wrenches. I don't care if that wrench has sat on the shelf for 10 years. Heck, it might even be better to get an older one.

A more important question would be the condition of the three year old stove. New in box, or showing signs of age from setting out on the floor and being futzed with by every potential buyer that walked in the store.

How many moving parts do Craftsman box wrenches have ? How much wiring ,how many electric motors , digital control boards
do Craftsman wrenches have ? Comparing an electric applience to a piece of metal ahhhh apples to oranges ,comes to mind.

I never got why some dealers keep the price. You would think they would get tired of sitting on it and discount it to move it out the door.

(j-takeman) thats all i was saying. dealers buy at whole sale prices and then sell for a very nice profit. 3 years is along time to sit on a stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.