30-nc

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaDave

Minister of Fire
Feb 23, 2008
Northern MI - in the mitten
I just found what looks like a 30 on c/l about 45 minutes from me. Ad says only installed this Jan., and asking price is $750.
Thought I'd offer 500, and go from there. Is that TOO lowball?
I can't call until tomorrow, and the ad went up on Tuesday. I hope it's still available.
I knew I should have been keeping a better watch on c/l. :-S

Good deal but I'd go as high as 600.00 you won't be sorry

PapaDave said:
I just found what looks like a 30 on c/l about 45 minutes from me. Ad says only installed this Jan., and asking price is $750.
I can't call until tomorrow, and the ad went up on Tuesday. I hope it's still available.

Ah, the anxiety of a CraigsList find!

You should be fine. The stoves don't seem to move that quickly this time of year. Only us crazies are thinking about winter heat at this point.

Five or six oughta get it. The closeout at the big boxes were $799 this year. And coming off of, and headed into, a winter with cheap fuel prices they are gonna be selling cheap used this year.

BrowningBAR said:
PapaDave said:

Ah, the anxiety of a CraigsList find!

You should be fine. The stoves don't seem to move that quickly this time of year. Only us crazies are thinking about winter heat at this point.

Yeah, after all you've gone through to get your stoves................
I plan to tile the stove room this spring or summer, and I'd REALLY like to put in a different stove rather than reinstall what I have.

BB, I was hoping you'd chime in here. Anything I should look for, in particular, as far as things that might be wrong?
This one is on the pedestal, but I hope they still have the legs. I doubt it has the blower, so that'll be on the order from Englander asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.