Osburn 3300 installed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

marty319

Minister of Fire
Nov 17, 2014
Belair mb
Put the osburn 3300 in today.only pain is removing air mate so 3 screws can go into stove collar.looks well built and I don't have to worry about forgetting to close a bypass like my 2300.

20210623_145159.jpg 20210623_145140.jpg

Nice looking setup and stove. That is a tall firebox. It will eat up a lot of wood in one loading. Keep us posted on how it performs.

Well we are aways from burning season but I will report my findings.

Was there any consideration for the 3500? From my understanding the 3300 is more geared towards NS loading and the 3500 EW loading. What is are the firebox dimensions of the 3300? Do you intend to burn NS? I am considering an Osburn, not sure which model just yet, trying to understand the comparison. Great looking setup you have

Was there any consideration for the 3500? From my understanding the 3300 is more geared towards NS loading and the 3500 EW loading. What is are the firebox dimensions of the 3300? Do you intend to burn NS? I am considering an Osburn, not sure which model just yet, trying to understand the comparison. Great looking setup you have
Both have large fireboxes that can load N/S or E/W. They are the upgraded versions of the Drolet Myriad and HT3000.

Last edited:
The firebox on the 3300 is 3.3 cu ft and the 3500 is 3.5.the 3500 only comes with a pedestal and I'm a leg guy.my dealer took my 2300 in trade and dropped this off Wed. Couple hours and had it in.i burn 24/7 and it gets real cold here.i load ns all the time.osburn has awesome tech support .

I understand that the firebox size is comparable but what size log fits NS and EW in each stove? Marty, what length splits and how big? I know you haven't burned yet, but what do you anticipate?

It will take 20 n/s and 19 e/w.i cut my wood 16.i had the 2300 and no issues with a 8 hour burn time using pine

Both stoves can take an 18" log either way. 16" is normal firewood size.

So what is the major difference between them? Is there a difference in heat output? Is it the blower on the 3500?
Go on the website .all the specs are there.

Agreed. Wasnt sure how many people have actual experience with either model.
You will likely find more reviews on the Drolet equivalents. Same firebox, but with upscale trim.

I think the SBI stoves seem to be the best bang for your buck wood stoves out there for what you get. Seem to be built as well as any Buck, Regency, or Lopi’s that I have seen. I like all four of these brands...well 5 at least if you count (2) by SBI and they may have a third line. I’m not sure. Customer service is 2nd to none as well.

Reactions: marty319
I spoke to a dealer today and heavily leaning Obsurn 3300. Not sure I need a blower that the 3500 comes with could add it later. I like the leg look as well, though it will be in my basement. Basically the same firebox in both, not sure how the 3500 is rated for hight BTU than 3300, doesn't make much sense since your BTU's are in the wood, not the stove.

I spoke to a dealer today and heavily leaning Obsurn 3300. Not sure I need a blower that the 3500 comes with could add it later. I like the leg look as well, though it will be in my basement. Basically the same firebox in both, not sure how the 3500 is rated for hight BTU than 3300, doesn't make much sense since your BTU's are in the wood, not the stove.
What kinda money are those 3300 in the US?I liked the blower on my 2300 when it was real cold out .not sure I'm going to buy one for my 3300

Which stove do you love Rob? What model Hearthstone do you currently have?

I was talking about the osburn 3300, I have the Green Mountain 40, so far it’s been great and by no means am I trying to get rid of it, but as a wood stove enthusiast I always think about what could be :)

I love the look of it the GM40 and the 3300 is a similar aesthetic. And someday I’d like to trade to something that has a bigger firebox that’s N/S loading, puts out just a little more heat and I’d like to go with no cat. The 3300 fits that perfectly.

one question is the 3300 steel or cast iron?

The 3300 is steel with a cast door. I also was looking at the bigger Green Mountain 80, but also wanted to go a non cat route. The large firebox on the 3300 seems ideal, and the height ro the burn tubes is right around 14". Seems like NS loading is the way to go, but the 3300 allows for both without drastically changing log length.

The 3300 is steel with a cast door. I also was looking at the bigger Green Mountain 80, but also wanted to go a non cat route. The large firebox on the 3300 seems ideal, and the height ro the burn tubes is right around 14". Seems like NS loading is the way to go, but the 3300 allows for both without drastically changing log length.
If it burns anywhere close to how my 2300 burned. It will be a beast

Nice tall firebox

Attachments

• 20210627_092449.jpg
    20210627_092449.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 254
Reactions: Hoytman