36" Bar cover/scabbard

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SIERRADMAX

Feeling the Heat
Jan 13, 2011
RI
Does anyone know of a decent & reasonably priced cover/scabbard for a 36" bar and chain? Thanks

Dealer may be your best bet on that one.

+1 on the dealer.

Stihl makes lightweight plastic scabbards that you snap together to make any length you need. Very reasonable on price as well.

I couldnt find any that long last Spring either online or from any local Stihl/Husky dealers.So I made one from 1/4" Masonite & 3/8" white pine for the center edges. Weighs a couple pounds,but I'll be compost before it wears out.....

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 212
Thistle said:
I couldnt find any that long last Spring either online or from any local Stihl/Husky dealers.So I made one from 1/4" Masonite & 3/8" white pine for the center edges. Weighs a couple pounds,but I'll be compost before it wears out.....

Well the extension are crap anyways. Mine came with the saw...I most last to the front door.

Maybe make a trip to your local fire dept and see if they have any old hoses around. They last a long time.

I used to cover the bar in old denim pant legs wrapped around 2-3 times with scrap 12 gauge wire.That's not very durable,plus they'd get covered up on the ground & lost in the trash

Thistle said:
I used to cover the bar in old denim pant legs wrapped around 2-3 times with scrap 12 gauge wire.That's not very durable,plus they'd get covered up on the ground & lost in the trash

Mine does ok but you do have a foot and a half not covered. ;-)

HAHA

Status
Not open for further replies.