4-6

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
They called for 4-6 inches last night, looks like they were right.

Attachments

• 100_2079.jpg
    100_2079.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 495
  • 100_2080.jpg
    100_2080.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 501
Oh, don't tell me that! Our 3 yr. old grand daughter is positive Santa will be here as soon as there is snow for his sleigh!

Peaceful scene - - - - thanks for sharing!

Shari

My uncle and cousin are probably lovin it right now. They're up at his cabin for rifle season and were hopin for some snow.

This is what our 6 inches looked like. It all melted with the rain this morning, but we're gettin' more tonight through Thursday.

Attachments

• 11-27-10 House-snow.jpg
    11-27-10 House-snow.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 339
  • 11-27-10 Snow.jpg
    11-27-10 Snow.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 334
Uper said:
This is what our 6 inches looked like. It all melted with the rain this morning, but we're gettin' more tonight through Thursday.

Uper your place looks great. This is what we have coming in, should be a mess.

... FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING...

THE FLOOD WATCH CONTINUES FOR

* A PORTION OF NORTHERN NEW YORK... INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING AREAS... SOUTHEASTERN ST. LAWRENCE... SOUTHERN FRANKLIN... WESTERN CLINTON AND WESTERN ESSEX.

* FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING

* WIDESPREAD RAINFALL WILL OVERSPREAD THE ADIRONDACK MOUNTAINS LATER TODAY AND PERSIST INTO WEDNESDAY BEFORE TAPERING TO LIGHT SNOW OR SNOW SHOWERS WEDNESDAY NIGHT. AREAL AVERAGE RAINFALL AMOUNTS DURING THE PERIOD WILL RANGE FROM 2 TO 3 INCHES... WITH THE HIGHEST TOTALS LIKELY OCCURRING ACROSS ESSEX COUNTY ALONG SOUTH FACING SLOPES.

* SHARP RISES TO NEAR BANK FULL OR MINOR FLOOD ARE POSSIBLE ON RIVERS AND SMALLER STREAMS ACROSS THE REGION LATER TONIGHT INTO WEDNESDAY.

zap

Thanks Zap, we really like it here. I've wanted to live in the UP for most of my life and finally made it up here about 4 years ago. Searched long and hard for some land to build a log home on, but this place came along for a lot less $$ and we couldn't pass it up. If I can get a few more years in, I should be able to start gettin' up when I want to!

We even finally have snow on the ground this morning and it is still snowing but very lightly. The ground is not frozen so it shouldn't last long. We had 55 degrees yesterday; amazing. We had to be in Saginaw and on our way home the temperature dropped 11 degrees (that's about 45 minutes). So I figured we might get a little snow. I won't put the snow blade on yet though.

Backwoods Savage said:
I won't put the snow blade on yet though.

Ha! I put my blade on in October and it's been sitting there ever since! Finally pushed snow just to see if the thing still ran last Saturday but probably didn't need to. Tonight we could see around 6-8 inches of lake effect.

Backwoods Savage said:
We even finally have snow on the ground this morning and it is still snowing but very lightly. The ground is not frozen so it shouldn't last long. We had 55 degrees yesterday; amazing. We had to be in Saginaw and on our way home the temperature dropped 11 degrees (that's about 45 minutes). So I figured we might get a little snow. I won't put the snow blade on yet though.

Sav, high 50's today dropping down to 30 later this afternoon, wild winds last night and still this morning. This could mean some trail clearing on Saturday. :coolgrin:

zap

Uper said:

Beautiful place Uper! Is that a pond or river in the picture?

Thanks Basswidow, that's a river that opens up into a lake about 200 yards up. I'm still trying to make time to get out and fish it more, but when I have free time I'm currently much more drawn to the woods than water. That may change eventually.

Attachments

• 5-6-10.jpg
    5-6-10.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 202
Shoot Uper,

I'd be all over that. A canoe or jon boat and my fishing gear - I'd be on it from sun up to sun down. I'd be on a first name basis with every bass in there!

You can always process wood when the water gets hard.

Lovely place - you're very blessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.