4 pellet mills in Maine

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slls

Minister of Fire
Jun 9, 2008
central maine Lat 45
Ashland, Athens, Corinth and Strong. Local dealer has just listed Ashland, same price as Corinth, $229 ton.
Energex $10 higher, diesel I presume. Athens still $209.

Yup Athens at $209 an increase of $10.
A reasonable increase compared to the $1.00/gal increase of oil!
Word is that Athens will be producing a softwood pellet by the end of the Summer.
My dealer will have a sample for me to try.

Sure hope that the State doesn't decide to tax this fuel!!

Athens makes MWP, Corinth makes corinth, Strong makes Maine's Choice. What does Ashland make?

Never herd of them. Any good?

Northeast Pellets- tried only a few bags before their plant fire, they were ok at best, very ashy imho.

Remember to try a new brand first. Pellets, stoves, and the burner, really give meaning to the old saying, "One man's trash, another man's treasure".

Wow those are all dirt cheap prices. Pellets up here run about 2x that cost.

lessoil said:
Yup Athens at $209 an increase of $10.
A reasonable increase compared to the $1.00/gal increase of oil!
Word is that Athens will be producing a softwood pellet by the end of the Summer.
My dealer will have a sample for me to try.

Sure hope that the State doesn't decide to tax this fuel!!

just got a sample of the Athens 100% softwood pellet.. haven't tried it yet. Smells nice.

NATE379 said:

Yes, but we get no oil money.

I'm going to have to try Athens softwood, never heard of a bad softwood.

Considering gas/diesel in Alaska is some of the highest cost in teh country I'm not sure it's a good thing anyhow.

slls said:
NATE379 said:

Yes, but we get no oil money.

Status
Not open for further replies.