45 degree dvl off flue collar to dvl adapter?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lethal dose

Jan 10, 2011
eastern ohio
Can you run a 45 off the stove to offset the appliance from where the stack will pass through the wall? I might move my stove upstairs in which case I would remove a window and plywood it in to do my pass through so I wouldn't have to cut through walls. Thing is, that window is close to my t.v. (which I'm not gonna move) so I wanted to offset the stove to the left of the window.

To be more clear... I have a flue to dvl adapter... I would run the 45 off it to my telescoping dvl, then to my 90 degree dvl elbow, then dvl to passthrough.

Picture would really help.
If stove goes up stairs, down stairs won't be warm. Heat like to go up.
How about a register above the stove?

I guess what I'm trying to get at is: can you have a 45 degree doublewall elbow on your flue? I'd take a pic, but I post from my phone.

Do you mean like this?

Attachments

• morso 2110 yurt.jpg
    morso 2110 yurt.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 223
That's an installation with a pair of Simpson 6" DVL 45's.

Gotchya. Ok... could I turn the 45 off the collar so it's outlet was horizontal with the front of the stove, run my dvl, then put the 90 on and out the window?

Sounds possible, as long as clearances are safely met and the window pass through is done with a proper thimble+ class A pipe.

Gotchya. I was just thinking I heard somewhere if you had one 45, you had to have a 2nd. Maybe I'm mistaken. Could have just been to clear an eve with two 30s or two 15s.

I just don't wanna be out of compliance. Inspectors around my neck of the woods don't like to help much unless they're getting paid to do the install.

So.. you plan to go sideways from the stove top, at a 45 degree angle, then hit a 90, which will then take you out the thimble.. Right? if so, then it should work, the angles are fine. The two 45 thing is to get back to verticle if needed. If you were running sideways and then straight up, 2 45's would need to be used, but 1 can be used for an offset, and then turned straight out of the structure with the 90..

The problem inspection wise I think would be the through window thing, but if all clearances are met, should work, but if an inspection is needed, go talk to the inspector first, draw him a picture...

Status
Not open for further replies.