48 this morning...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lessoil

Minister of Fire
May 31, 2008
Western Maine
Crazy weather this year!
Glad to see pellet prices holding on the low side.
Oil prices are around $3.40/gal. Hope it drops a bit more before Fall.
Not holding my breath.

lessoil said:
Crazy weather this year!
Glad to see pellet prices holding on the low side.
Oil prices are around $3.40/gal. Hope it drops a bit more before Fall.
Not holding my breath.

Yep, more rain and cold weather here tonight!

Helps to keep the grass green, but requires more cutting!!!!

70's this morn and more miserable humidity here in Ct

We're in another cool wave too. Overnight temps in the low 50's, daytime just kissing 70. Tomatoes are wearing sweaters overnight.

Been warm and muggy here .

82 in the day and 52 overnight here. Lots of sun. Cant complain about that. Just came back from Vancouver B.C./Lower mainland and the mosquitoes were horrible. Imagine that. :wow:

imacman said:
north of 60 said:
.......... the mosquitoes were horrible............

The ONLY good thing about winter....no bugs.

Pretty hard to have a big fire on the lake roasting caribou sausage and catching big trout through the ice in summer.
Winter has its advantages. :lol: We make due.

Was so hot and humid yesterday, I turned on the air conditioners, Today, started out OK then storms, now cool and wet. Garden is OK, but I've had better.
I have my winters pellets, but think I will get a couple tons more of the ones I really like. The lazy side of me doesn't like all the cleaning I have to do with the Energex.

Attachments

• July 12th, 2011 (13) garden 2.jpg
    July 12th, 2011 (13) garden 2.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 194
  • July 12th, 2011 (9) garden l.jpg
    July 12th, 2011 (9) garden l.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 226
save$ said:
Was so hot and humid yesterday, I turned on the air conditioners, Today, started out OK then storms, now cool and wet. Garden is OK, but I've had better.
I have my winters pellets, but think I will get a couple tons more of the ones I really like. The lazy side of me doesn't like all the cleaning I have to do with the Energex.

Did you see my post concerning the NPS40 issues?

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/76262/

save$ said:

Looks like you need some surf and turf or a well rotted wood shaving chicken poo compost worked into the soil.

Current garden issue is that another woodchuck showed up on the lot yesterday so I have to do a little huntin'.

We had 49 this morning at the lake! But next week is supposed to be scorching hot! Figures??? going on vaca just in time for the scorching stuff to show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.