49-TRCPM pre-burn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelb

Nov 1, 2011
Southern PA
Got my TimberRidge 49-TRCPM (10-CPM). Was going to do the dry run and pre-burn. When doing the pre-burn outside, can i just fire it without any pipe attached to the exhaust? Just make sure the exhaust is pointing downwind or something?

Thanks!

michaelb said:
Got my TimberRidge 49-TRCPM (10-CPM). Was going to do the dry run and pre-burn. When doing the pre-burn outside, can i just fire it without any pipe attached to the exhaust? Just make sure the exhaust is pointing downwind or something?

Thanks!

yep, thats all most do.

I Burnt mine right on my front lawn. (I was showing off!!!) lol. I just plugged it in. It will give you a lot of confidence in you new stove. After the pre-burn, when I installed the stove I had NO (zero) odor in the house. BTW the 49-TRCPM is awesome you will love it. My house is very warm! My heat pump hasn't been on once since Thanksgiving Day!

Thanks guys, pre-burning in-progress, and seems like it's going to throw a lot of heat! It is a bit cold out and the unit isn't getting all that hot, I suspect I'll have a bit of paint smell once I fire it up inside...but all good. I'll crack the windows if necessary.

Also, auger / auger motor is a lot louder than I expected...you can REALLY hear it every time it kicks on. Was expecting to not even hear it when the blower is on. I will try calling Englander tech support this week.

Also, side and top of window is already black...if that's normal...not even sure why they bothered with the large window.

Glad you got the pre-burn done. The window clouding up may also have something to do w/ the pellets you're burning, or not.

IMO, the door staying clean is nice if it happens, but my main concern is HEAT. Are you sure you have the long narrow air wash plate installed correctly? Mine was knocked out of position from shipping.

Yes, give Englander a call Monday and ask about the auger noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.