4yr old Mt Vernon craigs list buy.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalon

Mar 9, 2011
Northeast US
Hello all.

I've had so much success with my Avalon Astoria pellet stove that I've convinced a co-worker to jump on the pellet wagon.

He found a craigs list posting for a used "Mt Vernon" pellet stove for $2000 (retail seems to be around 3500). The stove is 4 years old and reported to be in good working condition.

The owner says that he is replacing it because he and his wife miss the look of a wood stove.

My friend is going to head out tonight to see it. I told him to start the stove up and make sure runs. (i.e.. flame strength, heat output, listen for any odd noises)

I was hoping to get some last minute advice from you folks on anything else I should tell him to check/ask, just in case I am forgetting something major.

Also, it couldn't hurt for you fine folks to weigh in on if you thought this was a good deal or not.

I'd like to see my friend happy as I am with pellet powered heating!

Avalon said:
Hello all.

I've had so much success with my Avalon Astoria pellet stove that I've convinced a co-worker to jump on the pellet wagon.

He found a craigs list posting for a used "Mt Vernon" pellet stove for $2000 (retail seems to be around 3500). The stove is 4 years old and reported to be in good working condition.

The owner says that he is replacing it because he and his wife miss the look of a wood stove.

My friend is going to head out tonight to see it. I told him to start the stove up and make sure runs. (i.e.. flame strength, heat output, listen for any odd noises)

I was hoping to get some last minute advice from you folks on anything else I should tell him to check/ask, just in case I am forgetting something major.

Also, it couldn't hurt for you fine folks to weigh in on if you thought this was a good deal or not.

I'd like to see my friend happy as I am with pellet powered heating!

As long as everything works correctly, sounds like a good deal. I would still try to get him lower on the price, $250 to $500 would be a sweet deal. She is a heavy unit so bring young and strong friends, beer and pizza always helps sore muscles but beer after fire.

Eric

kinsman stoves said:
As long as everything works correctly, sounds like a good deal. I would still try to get him lower on the price, $250 to $500 would be a sweet deal.....

I agree. Show up at his place with $1700 cash, and see if he'll go for it. Nice deal if he does.

Plus, it gives you plenty of $$ for the above mentioned pizza & brewsky's. :cheese:

imacman said:
kinsman stoves said:
As long as everything works correctly, sounds like a good deal. I would still try to get him lower on the price, $250 to $500 would be a sweet deal.....

I agree. Show up at his place with $1700 cash, and see if he'll go for it. Nice deal if he does.

Plus, it gives you plenty of $$ for the above mentioned pizza & brewsky's. :cheese:

X3... Great Deal... Beer and Pizza. Im coming over! There is always "Wiggle Room" on a Deal. ALWAYS!!!!

My friend went to see the stove and it looked and worked very nice.

Thank you for the advice. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.