5-10-2011 stove offically shut down.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buildingmaint

Feeling the Heat
Jan 19, 2007
Oil City PA
I did the summer cleaning yesterday, and it is shut down until December [ wishing] . I would like to oil my motors , but which holes do you put the oil ? Breckwell Big E .

The holes will look like they have "Rubber Holes" in them. Thats if your motors have them. A lot of Fasco's do not have the oiling ports. Which means you have to go about it a more creative way. I oil all of my motors, wether they have oil ports or not.

If you have the Fasco like most stoves, the oil holes for the convection blower look like one of these....they may have plugs covering the holes, or not. 2-3 drops of light 20w non-detergent or 3 in 1 in the blue can will be just fine:

Attachments

• blower lube ports.jpg
    blower lube ports.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 235
  • ConvectionBlowerOilHolesSC.jpg
    ConvectionBlowerOilHolesSC.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 227
Hmm going to be 47 Monday. I'm planning on burning the hopper empty then and final shut down.

The combustion blower will be sealed bearing if OEM. All you can do is dribble some oil on the shaft and hope some makes it in. The convection blower should be like what imacman posted in the left photo. Unless you have the latest and greatest blower that breckwell released last season. The newest has a c-frame motor and sealed bearings. Again just dribble some oil on the shaft.

If the motors are squealing? You can carefully roll back the bearing seals and actually get some oil in them by using a syringe. But if not done carefully you could wreck the seal lip and waste the bearing(I only do that to get peeps thru until bearings can be changed out). Bearings are really cheap, and easy to change if need be. With some small bearing tools of coarse.

Hope this helps! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.