55 SHP 10 Dirty Glass

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

undertaker

Oct 5, 2008
Northern New York
:question: I have a 55 SHP 10. I am running it on 2 or 3 heat setting. The glass soots up. I clean it everyday and the next day when I empty the stove, I clean it again. Is it from the heat setting or is it the nature of the beast?

Wrong forum - but yeah, nature of the beast. One damp paper towel per day when you clean the ash off the burn plate.

Hmm, I have the same stove but I don't seem to have any problem with mine sooting up. Maybe I got lucky last night as I just hooked the stove up yesterday morning ;-).

My stove soots up the glass faster on the lower settings. Modifying the LFF and LBA settings should help keep the glass cleaner for a longer period of time. It just may the brand of pellets are going to burn dirty regardless of what you do with the settings.

If my stove DIDN'T have sooted glass I'd think it was broken! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.