55-SHPCB120 - Little to no flame

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

607PelletBurn

Mar 11, 2019
Got a smoking deal on a "Summer Heat" (aka England's stove works) 55-SHPCB120 from Lowes. It was a customer return where the auger was bent (supposedly), discovered there was a piece of welding rod in the auger chamber, ground it away and made sure auger was still "true" and turned freely. Did a quick test fire and everything seemed ok. Hooked up it up proper and did another burn, after the initial startup sequence the stove seems to barely keep a flame and eventually shutsdown. I've tried both auto and manual settings, the "flame" is the same, I can hear the auger turning and hear/see pellets dropping in. I'm waiting on an email back from ESW support but figured I'd inquire here as well, I'd rather not return the unit.

Attachments

• IMG_20200204_234723.jpg
    IMG_20200204_234723.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 104
Read here, see if this will help .

Thanks for the advice, I think I read that not long after getting the stove. Everything checked out fine.

I ended up returning it to Lowes. Wasn't able to get a hold of support and didn't want to wait or troubleshoot anymore.

Reactions: Leiper
Anyone with this problem should check to see if the thermostat jumper wire is in place on the control board. If the previous owner was running on a stat, the jumper would be missing and if you don't replace the jumper or wire up a stat, your stove will never go above an idle. IE: low flame

Reactions: 607PelletBurn
Wow, OK so I did look at the jumper, removed it, same behavior, put back it had the same behavior, but now that you mention it I do not recall if the jumper actually had the little metal bits inside it or now. My annoyed self also did not try jumpering it with either a t-stat or just a wire since I assumed it only "listened" to the onboard t-stat....already returned the unit so guess I'll never know if that would've fixed it or not...