55 TRPEP vs 49 TRCPM Opinions wanted

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyB

May 27, 2009
Southern NH
I currently own an Englander 25 PDVC which I have been very happy with. I am moving to a larger house and am in the market for a new stove. I want to stay with the Englander family and am trying to decide between the Ep and the multi fuel. I've read that there are some issues with the burnpot on the EP - anyone having that issue? The multi fuel looks great and seems to be a little less daily cleaning. I am looking at AMFM Energy rebuilts. Any comments/thoughts/opinions would be greatly appreciated

I personally have not heard anything about the EP burnpots, but if there are threads on here that talk about it, please post the links.

As for which stove to get, that is a personal decision you have to make. I have the 10-cpm that I got from AM FM Energy and couldn't be happier with the transaction and the stove. BTW, all of AM FM stoves come drop-shipped direct from Englander.....Mike Holton & the boys do all the refurbs.

If you plan on burning JUST pellets, then go with the EP. If you might burn corn or something else in the future, then the 10-cpm is the way to go. Don't forget that if you think you'll burn anything else besides pellets, then you need the corn-rated exhaust pipe.

If you have any questions on the 10-cpm, feel free to ask.

Hello. I bought a refurb multifuel from AMFM couple months ago. That guy must be doing something right. 100% feedback and a ton of items he has sold.

I would buy from them again and would recommend them to others. I dont think you would regret your purchase.

Picked up my 49 TRCPM this afternoon at the trucking co.
Sits on the back deck covered in plastic waiting for dry fire & pre-burn.
Am-FM got it to me in a 10 days, looks fine.
Hearth, stack & pellets next.

nhredbird said:
Picked up my 49 TRCPM this afternoon at the trucking co.
Sits on the back deck covered in plastic waiting for dry fire & pre-burn.
Am-FM got it to me in a 10 days, looks fine.
Hearth, stack & pellets next.

Congrats on the new stove! Don't forget some pics, or it never really happened! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.