75 Days

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

karl

Minister of Fire
Apr 9, 2007
Huntington, West Virginia
I just relit the stove after letting it go out yesterday due to warm weather. It had been going for 75 days straight. That's certainly not a record, not even for me, but still pretty good.

We had snow and single digit temps last week; the old VC Resolute doing a fine job of keeping us warm.

It's been one stone cold stove the last several days. When it's nearly 70F during the day, there's not much reason to waste the wood.

It ain't over yet though, and I'm sure she'll be burning bright again soon.

karl said:
I just relit the stove after letting it go out yesterday due to warm weather. It had been going for 75 days straight. That's certainly not a record, not even for me, but still pretty good.

Clap,Clap,Clap :coolcheese:
EDIT: Karl are you saying you havent left the house in 75 days!!! :p

I have to let my stove go out. Unless it's near 0 or below (F), I can't keep it going all the time.

-SF

north of 60 said:
karl said:

It's a Summit. I can leave for 12 hours at a time.

karl said:
north of 60 said:
karl said:

It's a Summit. I can leave for 12 hours at a time.

I know, just givin ya the gears. Im jealous about the 75 days as I cant remember anymore since I struck a match. Pulled a few ashes in the meantime though. Its gonna be a 7+cord winter for sure this season. Sounds like you have got your stove figured out
pretty good now.
N of 60

I haven't had to relight my stove since yesterday.

I think the last time we had to touch a match to our stove was in October. But then, North of 60 hasn't touched a match to his in over 2 years! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.