7900 running on American logger!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinj

Minister of Fire
Aug 11, 2008
Anderson, Indiana
You fans make the big time! First one I ever seen on one of the TV shows.....Oh it was running Sweet!

Haha.

Not like anyone would realize this to be a surprise, but while that show is cool to watch it's staged so bad it's not even funny.

My brother is good friends with the contract crew that was doing work for the Pelletier's. I forget the name of the company, but they were the crew with the all yellow machines. Anyhow after a couple weeks/month they had to cancel the wood cutting contract because they couldn't deal with Hollywood b/s instead of just doing a job. The camera crew wanted them to do all sorts of unsafe stuff to add to the drama of the show.

Ah yeah, I think it's funnier than hell when the show doesn't beep out the French swears.

NATE379 said:
Haha.

Not like anyone would realize this to be a surprise, but while that show is cool to watch it's staged so bad it's not even funny.

My brother is good friends with the contract crew that was doing work for the Pelletier's. I forget the name of the company, but they were the crew with the all yellow machines. Anyhow after a couple weeks/month they had to cancel the wood cutting contract because they couldn't deal with Hollywood b/s instead of just doing a job. The camera crew wanted them to do all sorts of unsafe stuff to add to the drama of the show.

Ah yeah, I think it's funnier than hell when the show doesn't beep out the French swears.

We talking about the same snow? This has way more to do with trucking first time I have even seen a saw on this snow. Its better than nothing.lol

Is that on the Discovery Channel? I was channel surfing late one night several months ago & just hit on it.Had 2 eps in a row,one showed one of the crew getting a new big ass Mack truck,by eps end something happened during bad weather & it wrecked or something.Bet they did some heavy editing before airing,you know it had to sound like The Sopranos :lol:

Thistle said:
Is that on the Discovery Channel? I was channel surfing late one night several months ago & just hit on it.Had 2 eps in a row,one showed one of the crew getting a new big ass Mack truck,by eps end something happened during bad weather & it wrecked or something.Bet they did some heavy editing before airing,you know it had to sound like The Sopranos :lol:

Thats it is lots of tree no saws! sucks but beats 48hrs.... :cheese:

Yes same show. Pelletier Logging in central Maine. The reason for the hand cutting with the Dolmar was because the wood was too big for the harvester they have. They contracted that guy to hand cut.

NATE379 said:
Yes same show. Pelletier Logging in central Maine. The reason for the hand cutting with the Dolmar was because the wood was too big for the harvester they have. They contracted that guy to hand cut.

Someone taught him how to smoke a saw thats for sure.

Pelletiers have done a lot for Millinocket for the sledders and ATVers . . . and the restaurant is pretty good . . . but that said I don't really care much for the show myself . . . probably because a) everything is set up and staged and b) I've pretty much grown up and am accustomed to seeing the "toys" they use so there's not much new and interesting things to see.

On the show from 3/25, they showed the guy using a Husky, Jonsered, Dolmar and a Stihl in 4 consecutive shots. Now that's my kinda logger!

Was that 2 saws in each hand? I'm impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.