9.6 Tons Delivered Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewChurchill

Minister of Fire
Mar 31, 2008
Vermont
It's getting to be that time of year so I had my pellets delivered today. Now it's time to hump them into the basement.

I hope you've got a process to get all those bags to the basement. I've got an old marble bar top I set on the balco steps and slide them down. Thats still a ton (make that 9.6 tons) of bags. I couldn't imagine doing that much lol. But at least you're set to burn for the winter. NO OIL!!!

I have a walk out basement so it's not too bad. Although I have to handle the bags twice. Once to load them onto the trailer to bring them to the basement and then again when I unload the trailer.

9.6 Ton.... Got me beat.All at once is a lot of work. I got 5 Ton in Jan and moved about a Ton a day. Then 2 more in the begining of April (all done in a day) and 2 more ton at the end of April.
What brand of pellet are they? Being in odd ton #'s, it seems like they may be Okies.
You say you have a walk out basement. Can you get your trailer pretty close to the door? If so, it shouldn't be to bad if you have a helper and maybe an Adult beverage or Two along the way. I work best when "Hydrated"!! LOL
Congrats on the Score. I'm always on the hunt. If I can find a deal on a descent pellet, I will grab them up. Currently waiting for Menards to have there sale on Somersets ($175gton). Burned a few ton of them last season. For the price, they are the best pellet in our area (limited Brand selection in NE Ohio).

I bought 8 metric tons of Spruce Point pellets (60 bags per pallet). They're out of Canada. Last year I moved 8 tons into the basement by myself in 6 hours. My trailer will hold 30 bags at once so I pull up to one of the pallets and stack them on the trailer and pull the trailer around to the basement. I can back the trailer right up to the door and from there it's only a 40' walk to the storage area.

You must drink lots of brews with that much restacking? A six pack gets me through about a ton. By the time I got to ton #3 for some reason the stacks keep falling over??? :lol:

I do but I've got my house on the market and I'm taking the boiler and pellets with me. So I'm going with bags because they'll be easier to take with me when the house sells.

Bill B said:
Andrew,
I thought you had bulk storage?

Andrew Churchill said:
I bought 8 metric tons of Spruce Point pellets.....

NICE!!!!! I'm jealous....I loved the Spruce Points I test burned last winter (Thanks Jay!) Wish I could get them around here :-/

Wow ,thats alot of pellets,are you a pig?I'm going monday or tuesday and pick up 3 tons.with what I had left over they should last me three years.I'm glad I'm in Tennessee...
Tony

Hello

I have a good auto process for stacking bags of pellets in the basement. LOL

Igor - You must stack those Stove Chow pellets over there!!

Yes Master!!

Attachments

• AutoFeedPelletsSC.jpg
    AutoFeedPelletsSC.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 416
I'm getting 4 tons delivered over the weekend. Early bird specials out here in the Great Northwest have never been better in my 6 years of burning pellets. I got 2 tons each North Idaho Energy Pellets and Westwoods (AKA Okanagans) for $165/ton delivered to the curb. That's $20/ton cheaper than last year.

I've got my daughter's boyfriend and his brother lined up to move them down stairs. Beer will be involved, however I will make it available only after the stacks are straight......

Rooscooter said:
I'm getting 4 tons delivered over the weekend. Early bird specials out here in the Great Northwest have never been better in my 6 years of burning pellets. I got 2 tons each North Idaho Energy Pellets and Westwoods (AKA Okanagans) for $165/ton delivered to the curb. That's $20/ton cheaper than last year.

I've got my daughter's boyfriend and his brother lined up to move them down stairs. Beer will be involved, however I will make it available only after the stacks are straight......
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I paid $200.00 last year for Greenways this year I'm paying $160.. ton for another brand.Thats alot of differance.It must be all the new plants coming on line?Supply and demand?

tony58 said:
I paid $200.00 last year for Greenways this year I'm paying $160.. ton for another brand.Thats alot of differance.It must be all the new plants coming on line?Supply and demand?

I need to understand these new brands/bagging before I buy, I had great luck with fireside/green team through Harman PF100. Stove chow produced a ton of ash that was fluffy and I did not like that at all.

I need 2 more ton and maybe extra (this year I may warm 71+ in the house).

so, NH, what are you finding in the 168 - 197 mark that's like green team/fireside or better?

Status
Not open for further replies.