A bad day of fishing.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumberjacks Wife

Mar 24, 2010
Easter U.P., MI
....but the view was one only God could provide; though nothing was biting. The first picture isn't great but of an eagle sitting in the trees. The rest were taken around the lake I live on.

Attachments

• 6-26 1.jpg
    6-26 1.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 362
  • 6-26 2.jpg
    6-26 2.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 366
  • 6-26 3.jpg
    6-26 3.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 373
  • 6-26 4.jpg
    6-26 4.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 352
  • 6-26 5.jpg
    6-26 5.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 345
  • 6-26 6.jpg
    6-26 6.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 352
Nice looking pictures, what type of fish did you go after? I'm heading out Friday for some Walleye fishing.

zap

Wow ya have a beautiful place there!!!

Billy

"Nice looking pictures, what type of fish did you go after? I’m heading out Friday for some Walleye fishing. zap"

ZAP.....we've been told northern pike, walleye, small mouth bass, pumkinseed sunfish, yellow perch, sunfish, rock bass & brown bullhead can be found in the lake. We'd like to get a few perch, walleye and/or bass on our line but so far, we've been skunked....though it's fun taking worms for a swim (as my mother used to say).

YooperWife said:
"Nice looking pictures, what type of fish did you go after? I’m heading out Friday for some Walleye fishing. zap"

ZAP.....we've been told northern pike, walleye, small mouth bass, pumkinseed sunfish, yellow perch, sunfish, rock bass & brown bullhead can be found in the lake. We'd like to get a few perch, walleye and/or bass on our line but so far, we've been skunked....though it's fun taking worms for a swim (as my mother used to say).

Worms for a swim I like that, I'm not sure what we will catch on Friday but I'll start out fishing with a worm harness with a rubber worm then if that fails start feeding them real worms then my next choice will be a jig packed with a live worm then a small plastic grub.

zap

I have some of these http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/crawler-worm-harness/180210.aspx#

Zap and YW - just as a suggestion - if your on the hunt you typically will have two choices. Fast moving bait for active fish, and slow moving bait if the bite is not hot.

For the fast moving, you may consider crankbaits or blade baits as a go to, and for slow bite fish I will always go with live bait first. Once fish are found then you can customize your rigging to maximize the bite (i.e. if fish are found slow and low in deep water then maybe consider a bottom presentation like 3 way rigs, if they are on the weed lines in a few feet of water goto a spinner bait or plastics, yada, yada, yada)

Locating active fish is the hard part.

Looks like you got a great place there YW - and there are fish there....I can hear them calling. :)

Peaceful looking lake. Just being out there makes the day. Seeing the local wildlife and actually catching fish are the perks.

Status
Not open for further replies.