A bag of Stove Chow crippled Me !!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

emmelch1

Dec 7, 2010
Chesapeake City, MD
I had loaded 25 bags of Chow at the Home Depot in My truck , got home and started to unload them in the garage and probably 3 bags into unloading them I leaned forward and twisted to place a bag on the stack and "BOOM "!!! pulled a muscle in My back. I was a poster child for what not to do when lifting. I do way heavier lifting at work and this 40# bag brought Me to My knees !!! So be careful and lift with Your knees and NO TWISTING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

emmelch1 said:
I had loaded 25 bags of Chow at the Home Depot in My truck , got home and started to unload them in the garage and probably 3 bags into unloading them I leaned forward and twisted to place a bag on the stack and "BOOM "!!! pulled a muscle in My back. I was a poster child for what not to do when lifting. I do way heavier lifting at work and this 40# bag brought Me to My knees !!! So be careful and lift with Your knees and NO TWISTING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hate it when that happens :bug:

emmelch1 said:

I absolutely agree. I damaged my back about 50 years ago and eventually had to have surgery on a herinated disk. I'm very leary of lifting bags of pellets and very careful how I stand or stoop when dealing with them.

Even if you don't have a back problem as emmelch1 says it could happen any day.

I know, I know, I've been there and don't always follow my own sense of how I should lift.

Status
Not open for further replies.