A better way of cutting firewood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm gonna have a hard time justifying the outlay to my better half... :lol:

Man, that saw eats the wood! What is that, some kind of diamond chain? Where do I get one for my saw? :cheese:

Then what I'd need would be a stacking robot. :lol:

If I had that I'd just end up fat & lazy. :lol: I seen the price several months ago,its around 30K if I'm not mistaken.Just for the attachment.Dont know how it'd work on logs that werent arrow-straight & over 17-20" diameter either.

My BIL has been in the firewood business for over 40 years, he has quite a large customer base and he still splits his logs one a single splitter one at a time, doesnt even put a 4 way on his splitter. Everytime I talk to him hes 30-40 cords behind in orders. Ive asked him why he doesnt get a processor or something that splits faster so he wouldnt have to turn customers away. he never has an answer, hes just set in his ways. I would think he would make his monry back in one or two seasons with something like above.

Man that's cool! He really chugs around on that thing...wonder how often they have to sharpen that chain?

Awesome video-thanks for posting it!

Thistle said:
If I had that I'd just end up fat & lazy...
JA, me too. I would sell it and the skid steer and have enough cash to heat with natural gas for the rest of my life.

That is north of 30K, we looked in to getting one for processing in the woods. The chain is pond and deck chain, much bigger than standard...

Status
Not open for further replies.