A bounty of free wood for the taking!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drewsome

Feb 7, 2010
Long Island
If anyone reading this post is within striking distance of Brooklyn, they should head to Marine Park ASAP. I was just there, and couldn't believe my eyes! There had to be at least 15 large mature hardwood trees that were blown down during the high winds a few weeks ago. Never seen anything like it in all my years. And the best part is that a lot of it has already been bucked by NYC Park Authority! Looks like they're just waiting for the chipper to arrive. In fact, there are some huge piles of wood chips which tells me that they plan to chip the rest of the wood. If I lived closer, I'd be making many hops to Marine Park. If anyone takes my advice, please take pictures and post your score on this forum!!

I know the Asian Longhorned Beetle has been found in the area. Be careful transporting them.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.