A Coast Christmas

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
The lantern is a EAL22 with a rechargeable battery, the flashlight is a Coast XP11R Rechargeable Dual Power LED Flashlight and the headlamp is a Coast XPH30R. I have a few more things we ordered from COAST that we'll wrap up for Christmas.

The Coast XP11R flashlight is 2100 lumens on the highest setting, the XPH30R headlamp is 1200 lumens on the highest setting and the EAL22 Lantern is 1200 lumens. My Luxpro rechargeable flashlight is 800 lumens on the highest setting and the old headlamp is about 450 lumens on the highest setting so taking the dog out in the evening or late afternoon just got brighter.

104_4287.JPG 104_4288.JPG

Reactions: duramaxman05
Luxpro makes a good product. I have a bunch of their flashlights. 3 or 4 open ones rolling around my truck and a few unopened ones I bought on clearance waiting to roll around my truck.

Looks like good stuff. I'll have to dig up some Christmas sales, need a few more flashlights auld here.

Reactions: thewoodlands
Luxpro makes a good product. I have a bunch of their flashlights. 3 or 4 open ones rolling around my truck and a few unopened ones I bought on clearance waiting to roll around my truck.
I liked there flashlights too. I bought two of the XP916 but the first one I bought stopped charging 100 percent. I sent it back and they should have it Monday or Tuesday, hopefully it's still under warranty, if it isn't, not a big deal.

Stream light makes some good flashlights too.
This is the LUXPRO / XP916 I sent back because it wasn't charging 100 percent, USPS tracking said it should be there today at 3 p.m.

104_4284.JPG 104_4284.JPG

The Streamloghts are the only rechargeable batteries that I’ve liked. My Luxpro’s are AA powered. I keep a package of cheapie Harbor Freight batteries in my door. Something like 18 batteries is $4.

My morning chores headlamp is from Coast. I like that is has a bit wider of a throw more of a flood light than highbeam. For filling up hay feeders and lighting my wood fired stock tank heater it cant be beat.

I use industrial LEDs flashlights from Underwater Kinetics. They have a tight focused spot which was real handy when I had to chase pipes around old power plants and industrial plants. Not so good for lighting up an area. They use run of the mill old fashioned C cell batteries.

I have a Malaysa flashlight with two AA Duracell batteries and a led flash bulb--thinner build and comfortable in the hand and its been working a long time. From personal experience I would not buy a rechargeable small item off the internet because they are not lasting and they usually end by not charging right. My experience is with those eye glasses with a light on them and also a magnifying screen with light around the side--advertised by TV and the customer service was not available so I sent two eye glasses back saying that I was totally dissatisfied because each did not charge in time...and the company never even answered my return which was "cheaply" made for a fast sale around the holidays so that was a rip off for me--never again will I buy something off the TV advertisers around the holidays. I sincerely doubt that they will make you whole but keep us informed anyway. Sorry that happened...clancey

I have to make correction here---the name of the flash light is one called defiant and it has the on and off button on the end. the other one lasted for a few months and now I need to fill it with its battery and lights. so get the one named defiant and its hand size very nice,,,,clancey

I have a Malaysa flashlight with two AA Duracell batteries and a led flash bulb--thinner build and comfortable in the hand and its been working a long time. From personal experience I would not buy a rechargeable small item off the internet because they are not lasting and they usually end by not charging right. My experience is with those eye glasses with a light on them and also a magnifying screen with light around the side--advertised by TV and the customer service was not available so I sent two eye glasses back saying that I was totally dissatisfied because each did not charge in time...and the company never even answered my return which was "cheaply" made for a fast sale around the holidays so that was a rip off for me--never again will I buy something off the TV advertisers around the holidays. I sincerely doubt that they will make you whole but keep us informed anyway. Sorry that happened...clancey
After they received the flashlight, they sent an email asking if we would like a replacement sent out, yes.

Reactions: clancey
The new LUXPRO / XP916 came in today via USPS, great customer service.

IMG_0923.JPG

I bet 800 lumens is blinding!

Some lights bounce so much light back at me that I find I can’t see, lol.

Under the tree on Christmas morning was a Coast CL40R, this will come in real handy when working in certain areas in the house and the garage.

1703693828800.png

I got a few lights for Christmas, I got a Coast pocket penlight. Can't say how many times I've used it since Christmas, don't know how I lived without it.

I got a few lights for Christmas, I got a Coast pocket penlight. Can't say how many times I've used it since Christmas, don't know how I lived without it.
The wife uses the headlamp more than I do, the flashlight I've used a few times and the CL40R has been used some but will finally get used for some work when I'm in behind the pellet stove I cleaning it, there isn't any real good light there so it will make the job easier.

The Coast products might come in handy since we have a high wind warning on for tomorrow, the headlamp, flashlight, two lanterns and the work light are charged up or charging. The two Lux Pro flashlights are also charging.

My compalint about Coast and every other light I buy is with the switch. What ever happened to on/off? Instead I get 4 settings and a flashing light I have to go through to shut it off. With a headlamp it can be annoying thinking you've shut it off but it's on another setting. Just my personal problem with lights today.

My main complaint with many rechargeable battery items is that the batteries are not intended to be replaceable, and the item is expected to be discarded once the battery no longer holds enough of a charge. Planned obsolescence, 21st century style.

My second complaint is that when a battery charge is used up, it is necessary to take the item someplace to recharge it for a while instead of simply swapping in a new battery.

A soldering iron and a small amount of maker nous can sometimes solve the former, but not the latter.

I have a Coast headlamp that you can remove the battery and use regular AA batteries in it and then swap the rechargeable back in.

I have a Coast headlamp that you can remove the battery and use regular AA batteries in it and then swap the rechargeable back in.
The wife liked the headlamp so much, she's ordering one. We had one pretty good windstorm hit this winter so I thought the lanterns would get used along with the flashlight but we only lost cable.

The worklight I use when cleaning the pellet stove, not much light in that corner the pellet stove is in so it comes in handy.

I got a Walmart Hart branded one for Christmas. I swap back and forth between it and the Coast, bot are rechargeable. I have a lot more need for light now than I ever did years back. Between my wife and I we have 5 headlamps. Some are the band type that have a strip of LED's across the front. I have one that I use on my welding helmet.