A good day to split lots of pics !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pallet Pete

I got to meet a lot of good guys today( Amateur Cutter from the forum ) and split a crap ton off wood too all for a great cause. This was for a gentleman who had a double lung transplant and is recuperating. I am not sure of the amount but I am sure it was at least 6 cord today maybe more. We filled three very large trailers as well as a pile on the ground. Lots of fun ! I refused to use AC saw because I dont want to be tempted to buy a new one ;lol !

Pete

Attachments

• IMG_0140.jpg
    IMG_0140.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_0133.jpg
    IMG_0133.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_0134.jpg
    IMG_0134.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_0135.jpg
    IMG_0135.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_0136.jpg
    IMG_0136.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_0137.jpg
    IMG_0137.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_0145.jpg
    IMG_0145.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_0147.jpg
    IMG_0147.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 213
Nice job on the pics Pete. Thanks again for all the help. I think I found enough pieces after I got home to take care of that saw issue for ya too. Now for some Aleve & bed.;hm A C

Dammit I wish I could've been there with you guys. We're gonna have to do a GTG, and we'll try to gear it around a situtation like you fellas did today. We can do it to help someone in need, and we'll have a good time doing it. This summer.....

I got to meet a lot of good guys today( Amateur Cutter from the forum ) and split a crap ton off wood too all for a great cause. This was for a gentleman who had a double lung transplant and is recuperating. I am not sure of the amount but I am sure it was at least 6 cord today maybe more. We filled three very large trailers as well as a pile on the ground. Lots of fun ! I refused to use AC saw because I dont want to be tempted to buy a new one ;lol !

Pete
Looks like some big azz beech, nice job. A person close to me had a single lung transplant, hope everything goes well.

zap

Looks like a Great Time and for a GREAT CAUSE! Both of you should pat yourself on the back. You are both very honorable Men in my book (if that means anything :)).

Scotty, I agree. We have to do Something! It could be here at my place, I always NEED more wood. I would have a 6 Cord Log load waiting ;) But seriously, I have a whole week of vaca set aside for my travel time and re-coup time..

Thats cool. I would like to hang with some of the boys here too.
Seems like we would have a good time.

That was a good thing you guys did. WOW a double lung transplant thats gonna take some time to recover. I hope he's ok.

Amazing that that much hard work can end up being so much fun.
Great people doing stuff for great people. Been done like that for years in communities.
Outstanding! You done us all proud!

Lots of wood processed in one day. Amazing pics
Great job guys ! ;)

Now:
I think I found enough pieces after I got home to take care of that saw issue for ya too.

Lets hear the story bout "pieces for the saw issue."
Can't throw "raw meat" out there & not have us carnivores want to know "The rest of the story":cool:

Nice job on the pics Pete. Thanks again for all the help. I think I found enough pieces after I got home to take care of that saw issue for ya too. Now for some Aleve & bed.;hm A C

AC ran that saw from 9am till we finished which was around 3pm I think then had to listen to me make conversation all the way to the drop off point ;lol that is one tough sore man right there ;). AC is a real cool guy I had fun ! There was a guy there who I had previously met and it drove me nuts after he pointed it out and I went I have seen you somewhere before. Then it popped in my head we both drove Semi and went to the Electrolux plant in Greenville MI all the time it is truly a small world. Lots of good guys there it was fun.

Pete

Amazing that that much hard work can end up being so much fun.
Great people doing stuff for great people. Been done like that for years in communities.
Outstanding! You done us all proud!

Lots of wood processed in one day. Amazing pics
Great job guys ! ;)

Now:

Can't throw "raw meat" out there & not have us carnivores want to know "The rest of the story":cool:

I brought my 46cc Poulan Pro that has been used to death then rebuilt and used almost to death again. I have been saving for a couple of years for a good saw Echo CS-600 which is why I did not want run a good saw and start drooling shoot mine never left the case. AC and a few others got to telling me that for around $250 to $300 I could buy a really nice saw used which was news to me. Every time I look all I find on Craigslist is expensive junk. When we where coming back AC offered to sell me a used beat to heck but really good running saw he traded for. I could not argue with that I could care less what a saw looks like as long as it runs well.
I believe he is finding the missing pieces for the saw.

Pete

PP and AC.....Good on both of you for that. The rest of the guys there too.

Dave I wont lie I had an alterier motive this time though. After our firewood theft AC offered to deliver a trailer load to me as well. That said would have done this for free as well it is a good feeling knowing your helping someone out. Every time I do something like this I make good honest friends and that is priceless.

Pete

Pete and AC along with the others I tip my hat to you for helping a fellow wood burner. I have seen many here demonstrate what they're made of including Pen, Backwoods Savage, Hogz, Craig and a host of others give back. Hearth.com is a great place for many reasons and why I keep coming back. Pete and AC it is an honor to be associated with you both, congrats!

Ray

Good work guys. Cool pics. And thanks for helping that gentlemen out. What comes around goes around.

I got to meet a lot of good guys today( Amateur Cutter from the forum ) and split a crap ton off wood too...
Misery does like company but it doesn't look like there was any misery there. Congrats on the noble cause.

It was freezing rain here yesterday so good thing I have the umbrella! I threw some rubber roofing over the tractor to keep it dry. I could have used the company to share in the misery but alas, I work alone.

I need new boots to keep my feet warm and dry. Wet cold hands I can tolerate. Today the rain turned to snow so my feet should stay dry. Only prob now is the rounds are frozen together and slippery to handle.

Nice pics!

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
I tip my hat to you all, alterier motives or not. What was in your heart was what mattered the most. The world would be a much better place if this type of giving happened more often. Also thanks for the pics, looked like a good time.

Nice work Pete.

Thats cool. I would like to hang with some of the boys here too.
Seems like we would have a good time.

That was a good thing you guys did. WOW a double lung transplant thats gonna take some time to recover. I hope he's ok.

Mike, the greatest thing about this is the fact that the surgery was a success. They had him up & walking the next day.He'll be home in mid Dec Lord willing, & be able to be a father & husband to his family. Says he feels great & actually was able to go hiking with his 2 boys for several miles near the Hospital where he is recouping. Only issue now might be rejection, & so far so good. A C

Can't throw "raw meat" out there & not have us carnivores want to know "The rest of the story"

Bottom line on that saw is I traded it for my pro mac 605 & $ 35.00 dollars to a guy desperate for a running saw. Hadn't run in years. Fixed the fuel tank cleaned it up, comp. tested it @ 135 psi, new clutch drum & sprocket. Fired it up & it ran good, so I threw a bar on it & used it here & there. Got the 036 pro & just don't use it much. Dug around in the pile, found a decent 20" bar, slapped a really used chain on it & called it Pete's saw. It's as ugly as they come, but runs good, & fired on the 2nd pull. Don't have much in it, & want even less out of it. It needs to be run. Can't think of a better guy to have it than Pete. He worked his tail off Saturday, & got nothing but a sore body & hopefully a little comraderie & satisfaction for a job well done. Hopefully some of the other guys join hearth.com, they're a good bunch. A C

Status
Not open for further replies.