A little pre-Sandy cutting...(pics)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AnalogKid

Burning Hunk
Oct 22, 2012
CT
Picked up a new saw on Friday.....love it! I had some large downed maple limbs and a medium sized black birch that needed to be cut, so I got busy yesterday and today.

The stack by my truck is mixed with a bunch of cedar, red maple, black locust and you can see the fresh birch I just cut. The stacks farther away are all maple, unsure of the type. Now I just need to get it split. I still have a lot to get to. My helper is wiped out. :)

Next will be whatever Sandy leaves behind...

Attachments

• IMG_0465.JPG
    IMG_0465.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_0468.JPG
    IMG_0468.JPG
    187 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_0470.JPG
    IMG_0470.JPG
    207.5 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_0464.JPG
    IMG_0464.JPG
    157.7 KB · Views: 206
watch those flippy caps on that saw. Mine pee'd gas all over my leg again last weekend. That MS 250 is a nice saw.

Yeah I hear that, sometimes it doesn't set right.. What the heck happened to good ole screw caps and gas cans that just have a spout to pour out, not all these fangled twist this and push that crap.

Reactions: Thistle
Nice new saw.
Makes it fun to cut wood eh?

Tha't quite a bit of rounds that need split. It'll be good wood for next year
if you can get it Split & stacked soon;)

Lots of work in the pictures, your helper thought so too :)

i feel like the last pic lol

watch those flippy caps on that saw. Mine pee'd gas all over my leg again last weekend. That MS 250 is a nice saw.

I've had that happen twice. Now I finally learned to look twice after closing and all is well.

Welcome, analog - Nice work!
Same deal here - love my 290 but dumped gas on me once.
BTW, Payton looked scary good tearin' up the 'Aints. Barely beat my Steelers, but he's getting dialed in.

WOW nice work , nice saw ! helper looks wiped out . Hard to find good help..

Nice saw (and wood but didn't want to start with that :eek:). Saw looks purdy all new and clean, makes me want to clean mine. If you notice a leak around a cap 95% of the time can be fixed with a wipe along the inside of the oil/gas opening and around the cap gasket itself. A couple times I thought I needed a new oil cap but then just went away on the next fill up when I did a quick wipe down. Sandy will help you break in the saw soon enough, I will reach out to friends and family in the morning to see if they need help then off scrounging. Be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.