A "Man-Cave" I shall have...oh yes.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spot

Jun 27, 2006
It is located in Hilversum, The Netherlands.

http://thechive.com/2010/05/10/a-man-cave-i-shall-have-oh-yes-13-photos/

There are not many building styles more traditional than the log cabin, so it is always refreshing to see a new idea take advantage of the humble tree trunk.
It’s a bonus when the design boasts efficient prefab construction and contemporary finishes.
Commissioned by the entertainer Hans Liberg and designed by Piet Hein Eek.
http://www.hansliberg.com/
http://www.pietheineek.nl/
Set on wheels, the studio's rough-hewn exterior artfully creates the sense that the structure is a simple stack of log rounds.
The window coverings even have a painstakingly placed log facade to complete the illusion.
The structural element is a salvaged steel frame and the interior walls are painted plywood.

Coolest building ever, but a lousy man cave for those of us in the US. No giant TV, no home theatre sound system, no mass quantities of alcohol.

that is pretty crazy, Mayhem is correct, lacking in a TV, but he is sporting the VOX amp for his Strat, so he loses no style points in my book. My "Man Cave" also has no TV, just guitars, amps and an ashtray.

Very, very cool!

TV is over rated. We only pay for the most basic package because we can't even get the "local" stations without it. It costs nearly $20/mo. and is, IMO a complete rip-off (Time Warner couldn't give you the basic channels along with digital internet? gimmee a break). I resent having to pay for what was once free, frankly. And it'd time for FCC to step up to the plate and lean on the "cable" behemoths.

We read a lot more than we did before we "cut the cord". Along with other activities...

Bobbin said:
Very, very cool!

TV is over rated. We only pay for the most basic package because we can't even get the "local" stations without it. It costs nearly $20/mo. and is, IMO a complete rip-off (Time Warner couldn't give you the basic channels along with digital internet? gimmee a break). I resent having to pay for what was once free, frankly. And it'd time for FCC to step up to the plate and lean on the "cable" behemoths.

We read a lot more than we did before we "cut the cord". Along with other activities...

Exact same position Bobbin here....they just increased my 20 channels that 5 are spanish from $12 to $16/month....maybe I'll just learn spanish and get it over with :)

Cable TV these days is like paying for a magazine that is 95% advertising and the other 5% is filled with useless articles. It's silly to pay for this drek. We told the cable co to go screw itself. Television has gotten so poor that we will put up with over the air broadcasting for PBS and the occasional shows and pocket the $600/yr savings. We now watch the Daily Show, etc. online.

Status
Not open for further replies.