A Must For Every pellet Stove Owner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JIBLANE

Oct 29, 2011
Long Island NY
Since I purchased my M55 I've been hearing that one side of the house is freezing and one side is warm and comfortable.
I've found the thermostat on the other side raised quite high due to family complaints that it was so cold.
Well to prove to my family that I am suppling the required heat according to the "HOME HEAT FOR FAMILY INSTITUTE" I purchased the perfect tool to prove my case that indeed the cooler side is just fine and up to the INSTITUTES HEATING REGULATIONS. So here it is a must to keep everyone off your back.
Now Of course "HOME HEAT FOR FAMILY INSTITUTE", you may say Really... OK maybe I went to far. We know it does not exist but what the heck its working so far. But For $20 I can prove my case the Temps inside and outside check it out a must tool for every Pellet Stove owner works great! Scroll up after the video It shows the unit and price. Walmart also sells them.
http://www.lacrossetechnology.com/9009bk/#video

I have an Oregon Scientific model that measures the temp in 3 rooms. Also have a Weather Channel brand that measures the temp in the basement (by the woodstove and Fahrenheit) and outside. And a Equity brand from Menards that measures temps in the kitchen and outside. I am temp crazy.

I agree. Every stove owner should know what temps are. Everywhere in the house. Some pics were taken awhile ago. Some tonight. The one of my Oregon Scientific model was taken awhile ago. The 1st two pics were taken tonight. Like to keep it warm in here.

Attachments

• temp2.jpg
    temp2.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 779
  • temp1.jpg
    temp1.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 775
  • roomtemp.jpg
    roomtemp.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 789
DexterDay said:
I have an Oregon Scientific model that measures the temp in 3 rooms. Also have a Weather Channel brand that measures the temp in the basement (by the woodstove and Fahrenheit) and outside. And a Equity brand from Menards that measures temps in the kitchen and outside. I am temp crazy.

I agree. Every stove owner should know what temps are. Everywhere in the house. Some pics were taken awhile ago. Some tonight. The one of my Oregon Scientific model was taken awhile ago. The 1st two pics were taken tonight. Like to keep it warm in here.

A case study of the "over-achiever"!!! ;-P

x2 on the cold bedroom!!!

I grabbed this fast when heard complaints to show temps in house but I'm liking all the rooms setup. It is nice this morning Its 28.7 outside 70.2 on the cold side of the house with out the stove. So far no complaints this morning. May have to get the whole house setup! Good idea

Eatonpcat said:
DexterDay said:

A case study of the "over-achiever"!!! ;-P

You know it buddy! Go big, or Go home! ;-P

I don't need a thermometer to tell if a room is cold or hot.

I got one, Very expensive and It even talks to me. When the room its in is cold you can bet I know it. If something isn't done quick like. It makes even more noise! Erie sound it makes, I don't like hearing that noise! It send shivers down my spine. I keep the whole house warm and toasty so no matter where "she's" at, I don't have to hear "hey, Its cold in here"!

O' if something isn't done by the second warning, Usually something is either hurled, tossed or swung in my direction! :red:

x3 on the cold bedroom
I also dont use thermometers.. its either warm cool or cold its all good to me

6 month old baby, means I need to watch temps. Also I am obsessed with keeping the house the same temp. Not Hot or Cold spots.

Just about to Fire up my Furnace (Pellet) fpr the 1st time with it ducted into HVAC. Its not permanent right now. As I need a length of Pipe about 1" longer than I have. But I cant wait. Gotta try it for a few hrs.

Waterbug said:
If I had one of those, I would have to permanently attach one of the senders to my wife. She claims that it is cold no matter what the temperature is set at.

X2 on that. The bed could be on fire and she would ask if the stove was on high cause shes cold

Status
Not open for further replies.