A nice couple of scrounge sessions...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chvymn99

Minister of Fire
Nov 20, 2010
Kansas
Last week I picked up some Ash and Red Elm from a local tree service that posted up on Craigslist. I got his business card and I gave him my number. Well he told me that he had a couple of Oak jobs coming up. I got the phone call yesterday and picked it up last night. It looked like a small pile when I pulled up, but ended up filling up the bed of the Ford Ranger. It was a trimming job, but had several nice split in it. The great thing about this guy is that all the wood is layed at the curb for my pickup. Unlike the last wood guys that thought it was my job to help them with there job, usually in the backyard of cutting up the wood for them. That got old after the second round. I lost there number quickly.

Well, this is my first load of Oak that I'll get to try. So hopefully in 2-3 years, I'll get a taste on what everyone is talking about, how wonderful Oak is. I'll get a pick tonight. Cheers....

Worry not. You will love that oak! Good for you for finding a good guy to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.